PAIR valve issue on my work ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem.
A week ago my scoot started making a hell of a noise and i was thinking it was an exhaust issue. On looking at the exhaust all was fine and looking under the seat i see the PAIR valve had melted. I had tried looking for parts (Keeway) and see they were almost non existent so decided to remove all the junk associated with the PAIR valve. I also read the a hole in the cylinder head needed blocking off (exhaust i believe) and a vacuum feed on the inlet manifold needed to be blocked. Since doing this it's been a right pig and wont rev and is unrideable. I'm going to take a guess here and say that the carb may need re jetting but i'm not sure.

Hope someone here can shed some light fore me

Regards

Why are you asking questions about an unnamed motorcycle on an FJR forum?  Even if someone was knowledgeable about your bike, you haven't identified make and model.

Because this section on the forum states "other bikes" - "bike related" discussion and I was thinking someone here may know about PAIR in general.

You got a problem with that!!!!

You must realize that you cannot get an informed response unless you provide information such as year, make and model of your bike.  A picture of the parts you are concerned about will also help, but then, you may have burned your bridges.

I used to burn bridges in my younger days. I paid the price for years. I finally grew up.

Enjoy the ride,

Dave