• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parting out 2005 (Gen 1)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What'll you take for the cylinder head???
I want to investigate the trans problem before parting out the engine but will keep you in mind.
Great. I've got a cherry '04 motor, but the cylinder head is the pit!

Edit: which reminds me, my '04 tranny is perfect, if you get to need 'spensive bits. The "Old Lady" REALLY wants the whole kit-and-kaboodle outta the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in the left and right side and nose plastic if it is available.
I have a local coming over to check out the plastic he needs, which would make my life simpler without shipping.

I will post up progress later this week.

Would you have the left muffler and if so how much and what kind of shape is it in. Randy
Yes the left muffler is available, I believe the guy coming tomorrow is repairing damage to the right side only.

You can pm me with what you are willing to pay and we can figure out shipping cost.

With that kind of mileage and JB and all,, IS the shock stock ? confirm with interest JAG

I will let you touch me balls for the triple tree....but, you have to pay shipping........................
Get me a quote on shipping your balls here and we can talk. :p
Sorry HYCLE, I wasn't paying attention. This won't fit my Gen. II. We'll I guess I could make it fit but I don't think it would be an improvement. Sorry to waste your time on this. Good luck with part-out.

The stock is shock :blink: , but it hasn't got the mileage shown on the odometer; rather, much less. CAJW gave me and installed on my bike his original stock shock, which had been lying around his garage. I don't know, it had something like 30K miles, vs. the 80K on my odometer.

And the tranny's in great shape. So's the clutch. :fuck:

And I thought Hyc had promised me 1st look at the tranny :( .... sob... where's me hankie?

Rog,

I didn't know you were interested in trannies...hope Deb doesn't find out. By the way, you've got first dibs on the tranny, Mike tells me it DOES NOT have a reverse gear....so I am out.

Ok,update report.

Right side muffler has been sold as well as the brake lever, brake lever pivot shaft, right mirror and right turn signal.

Local did not want the right lower body panel due to JBs long legs had worn the paint off a corner of the panel.

The stock is shock :blink: , but it hasn't got the mileage shown on the odometer; rather, much less. CAJW gave me and installed on my bike his original stock shock, which had been lying around his garage. I don't know, it had something like 30K miles, vs. the 80K on my odometer.

The shock I put on JB's bike had 27,303 miles, plus whatever gentle commuting miles he added before the tranny went south.

The shock I put on JB's bike had 27,303 miles, plus whatever gentle commuting miles he added before the tranny went south.
Thanks. It should be in better shape than my 60k mile shock. Then I could send mine to Sasquatch for a rebuild. PM sent on shock and relay arm.

Local did not want the right lower body panel due to JBs long legs had worn the paint off a corner of the panel.
That sh*t buffs right out. Seriously. I cleaned it every time I washed the bike.

'Lessn' you're talking about the faring. :blink:

Latest posts