• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barendweights001.jpg

Ok here is my pay it forward item. A set of 16oz bar end weights from manic salamander. If the buzzyness in your bars bother your hands like they did mine these bar ends to the trick nicely.

I have a pay it forward item...

With a twist...

This is the 3 year old California Scientific XXL tall windshield that was on my bike when I was attacked by an ELK last summer on my way to WFO.

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Obviously what I am offering is a used windshield. As you can see it has a patina that only 73k miles can impart. It also is cracked from 2 of it's mounting holes. I drilled the ends of the cracks to keep them from propagating. I also enlarged the opening near the base of the windshield to see what effect it had on wind noise.

Shown below is it's replacement at the low position. I'm 6'5 and sit tall in the saddle. This windshield at the top position has me looking through it. I typically ride with it at 2/3 up.

IMG_1466.jpg

I am offering the old unit free for the asking (you pay shipping) to the first person who is considering buying a new windshield but isn't sure about how tall to get. This is for a second generation FJR - 2006 to present. My intent is that you use it to help make up your mind on what to buy.

Here's the twist...

When you have your new windshield, I wish for this one to re-appear on the Pay It Forward thread. The more people it makes the rounds with the better!
Any takers?

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm claiming Brodie's CalSci shown above. It will be available in 2-3 weeks after I give it a shakedown. I'll try not to mess it up.... :)

*No longer available - Gone to the fine home of Roger Dodger*

I posted this for sale, but I like this better and I'm sure someone out there could use a little ATGATT (or at least a partial-GATT). :D I'll see if I can delete my previous classified.

This is a three quarter length Cortech Advanced, size Medium. I bought it new, but probably should have gotten a large. I used it a few times (less than a dozen), but took the liner out and wore a vest underneath. The liner is a long-sleeved, quilted type zip-out. Jacket is waterproof. CE rated armor in the elbows, shoulders, and back. Lots of pockets and vents (but best in cold/cooler weather).

11avpew.jpg

5o58y.jpg

So, this cozy jacket is now available to the next one among us to pay-it-forward. :yahoo:

I posted this for sale, but I like this better and I'm sure someone out there could use a little ATGATT (or at least a partial-GATT). :D I'll see if I can delete my previous classified.
This is a three quarter length Cortech Advanced, size Medium. I bought it new, but probably should have gotten a large. I used it a few times (less than a dozen), but took the liner out and wore a vest underneath. The liner is a long-sleeved, quilted type zip-out. Jacket is waterproof. CE rated armor in the elbows, shoulders, and back. Lots of pockets and vents (but best in cold/cooler weather).

11avpew.jpg

5o58y.jpg

So, this cozy jacket is now available to the next one among us to pay-it-forward. :yahoo:
I have a 'new rider' this would be perfect for. Sign me up! I will find the next donation ASAP (after I go look in the garage). Many thanks for keeping up the good Karma. Roger

What happened here? This thread has gone stagnant!!

Did people take the free goods and then not post up a Pay It Forward of their own?

That would be very disappointing.

Or is just that the currently pending Pay It Forwards are too lame and nobody wants them? Like a set of used tires? :rolleyes: :unsure:

But what about those bar ends that Eric offered up? Those seem like they're pretty nice...

OK< Let's get things moving again. :yahoo:

The following historical item is available for FREE, I just ask that you cover the shipping, and of course are responsible for putting up a "Pay It Forward" item of your own.

#1) Here's the fully functional prototype of the WynPro RamBone.

This is the piece that started the revolution in GPS mounting!

Dave was kind enough to send me one of the snazzy new production units, so this is now surplus in my garage.

You heard it right, you can own a little bit of FJR history for the mere cost of shipping!!

Looks like this (Minus the Ram ball, which I put on my new 'bone. You'll need to get your own):

100_1090.jpg

100_1091.jpg

Mounts like this:

100_1092.jpg

100_1095.jpg

barendweights001.jpg

Ok here is my pay it forward item. A set of 16oz bar end weights from manic salamander. If the buzzyness in your bars bother your hands like they did mine these bar ends to the trick nicely.
Still available and boxed up ready to ship

Eric

I'm done with Brodie's Xl CalSci as shown below. Let me know if you're is interested. As before--try it and then pass it on.

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Here is my PIF Item:
EXL tail bag. Like new condition. One main compartment and two side compartments. Expandable to hold a whole lot more than I ever needed. (I only expanded it twice. Once after I bought it and just now to take the picture!) Comes with rain fly and straps (not pictured)

Bag and rain fly:

DSCF0028.jpg

Bag expanded:

DSCF0029-1.jpg

Bottom of bag (rubberized with straps attached)

DSCF0030-1.jpg

Nice looking bag, too bad I don't need one

Just sent my Cee Bailey windshield to Puppy Chow for free- it felt good, like I was riding my favorite stretch of road or something.... :D :D

Here is my PIF Item:
EXL tail bag. Like new condition. One main compartment and two side compartments. Expandable to hold a whole lot more than I ever needed. (I only expanded it twice. Once after I bought it and just now to take the picture!) Comes with rain fly and straps (not pictured)
Nice looking bag, too bad I don't need one

Just sent my Cee Bailey windshield to Puppy Chow for free- it felt good, like I was riding my favorite stretch of road or something.... :D :D
That tail bag was claimed way back.

But thanks for bumping this thread up.

;)

Now for a 'new' item on the PIF highway. I have a Gen 1 windshield available. This is NOT from my '03, but the Yamaha Touring shield. It is in very good condition (even original box) and measures +4 taller and +4 wider than an OEM shield. My son wanted to name my bike AHAMAY cause that's what the shield says to the rider. No pics (cause I'm off for an early VD date) until later (if needed). This shield only fits 03-05 FJR's and adds a bigger envelope.

Roger has graciously allowed me to try his AHAMAY windshield.

If the shield turns out not to work-out for me it is very likely to show up back on here in a few months. ;)

In the meantime, what I have to add to the PIF pile, in addition to the prototype RamBone previously posted (which is still available), is this:

A complete Kodak EasyShare DX3500 digital camera outfit including Camera Dock II, case and 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries. It is only a 2.2 megapixel camera, but still takes some very nice (though smaller format) pictures. Here are a few examples of photos I've taken with this camera:

Apr25_04.jpg

Apr25_19.jpg

Apr25_20.jpg

freddieandbandit-1.jpg

It would make a nice (cheap) 2nd digital camera to throw into a tank bag to carry around on the bike and not have to worry, as a camera for one of your kids, or as a first digital camera if you havn't already jumped into the digital pictures thing, as it's really easy to use (point n' shoot) and holds a charge pretty well. The dock allows you to recharge the batteries as well as 1 button image transfer via USB cable (included). Have all user manuals and the Kodak software CD (not actually needed with WindowsXP or later).

Roger has graciously allowed me to try his AHAMAY windshield. If the shield turns out not to work-out for me it is very likely to show up back on here in a few months. ;)

In the meantime, what I have to add to the PIF pile, in addition to the prototype RamBone previously posted (which is still available), is this:

A complete Kodak EasyShare DX3500 digital camera outfit including Camera Dock II, case and 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries. It is only a 2.2 megapixel camera, but still takes some very nice (though smaller format) pictures. Here are a few examples of photos I've taken with this camera:

Apr25_04.jpg

Apr25_19.jpg

Apr25_20.jpg

freddieandbandit-1.jpg

It would make a nice (cheap) 2nd digital camera to throw into a tank bag to carry around on the bike and not have to worry, as a camera for one of your kids, or as a first digital camera if you havn't already jumped into the digital pictures thing, as it's really easy to use (point n' shoot) and holds a charge pretty well. The dock allows you to recharge the batteries as well as 1 button image transfer via USB cable (included). Have all user manuals and the Kodak software CD (not actually needed with WindowsXP or later).
you would make my Emily's day with this and I won't worry about her having a too expensive camera

PM sent

PM sent on AHAMAY shield

Fred, You will be pleased with this shield very soon (I'll ship it tomorrow) even if you can't ride due to ---- winter.

You did a great thing in starting this thread and I want to THANK-YOU for all you've given us all.

PIF (the Movie) (Boy Scouts) (Golden Rule) and especially today (Valentines Day) means alot to me.

So....lets keep this thread (AND the concept) going everyday in every way! :D

PM Sent

What happened here? This thread has gone stagnant!! Did people take the free goods and then not post up a Pay It Forward of their own?

That would be very disappointing.

Or is just that the currently pending Pay It Forwards are too lame and nobody wants them? Like a set of used tires? :rolleyes: :unsure:

But what about those bar ends that Eric offered up? Those seem like they're pretty nice...

OK< Let's get things moving again. :yahoo:

The following historical item is available for FREE, I just ask that you cover the shipping, and of course are responsible for putting up a "Pay It Forward" item of your own.

#1) Here's the fully functional prototype of the WynPro RamBone.

This is the piece that started the revolution in GPS mounting!

Dave was kind enough to send me one of the snazzy new production units, so this is now surplus in my garage.

You heard it right, you can own a little bit of FJR history for the mere cost of shipping!!

Looks like this (Minus the Ram ball, which I put on my new 'bone. You'll need to get your own):

100_1090.jpg

100_1091.jpg

Mounts like this:

100_1092.jpg

100_1095.jpg

Here's something thats been knocking around in my tool box for a few years...

IMG_1615.jpg

What you see are the straps and buckles for inside the FJR saddle bags. I replaced them with Rok Straps some time back.

Who ever wants them can have them for the cost of shipping.

:)

Brodie

Here's something thats been knocking around in my tool box for a few years...
IMG_1615.jpg

What you see are the straps and buckles for inside the FJR saddle bags. I replaced them with Rok Straps some time back.

Who ever wants them can have them for the cost of shipping.

:)

Brodie
Rok Straps :blink: . Why the hell didn't I ever think of that? Thanks Brodie, one of my OEM straps broke...

Latest posts