Picture of Rifle Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planet89

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of their bike with a Rifle 3x4 windscreen on it that they could post? I am thinking of ordering one and just want to see a couple of pictures.

I don't have any photos of a rifle on my bike, but I just received my Rifle +3 today. I will probably be mounting it tonight - that didn't sound quite right, but I am sure you know what I mean. I live close to Cambridge and you are welcome to come and look at it.

lol, maybe I will take you up on that offer in the next week or so

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get charged for shipping and brokerage fees?

lol, maybe I will take you up on that offer in the next week or so

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get charged for shipping and brokerage fees?
Ive got a +3 on mine...I'll post pics in a bit.
Great!

I am startign to consider this windshield as a potential replacement on my stock '09. Pictures and feedncak would be appreciated.

Rheal

Hey backfill, also interested in total cost shipping cost, everything in. I am considering the rifle as well. I heard they are having trouble with the company that supplies the tuning blocks. Was this an issue with you? I rode a friends ST1300 this Saturday down and around Niagara Falls and up thru to Niagara on the Lake, and really noticed the difference in wind protection. With the windshield in the full down position it offered better protection and no buffeting than mine does in the full up position. I still have the stock shield. Would not traded him bikes though. That Honda is electric smooth and almost too quiet. My fiend after getting off mine said he felt more engaged and that he cold hear everything going on. The Honda you sit on and the FJR you sit in, more like a sport bike. He did have a sargent seat on his which is a lot easier on the rear as well. Thanks.

Here ya go-

Im 5'6" and when fully down its about at my neck, fully up (I ride sometimes fully up when on freeway with wife in tow...very, very minimal buffeting for her) its right above the top of my helmet. When fully up, at 70 MPH, its calm enough in front of my face I could probably light a match. Or very close. The last pics are with it fully up.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine looks just like Networkguy's - but my bike is the much better looking Black Cherry. :D

For those who asked, the clear windshield and shipping was US$268. I asked for the more expensive express shipping - I got the email that it was shipped Thursday and it arrived today - in a futile attempt to dodge the tax man. Hey, it has worked before. The nice people at Canada Post asked me for an additional C$36.56 today, including the tax and an $8 brokerage fee.

Damn, that is a lot of money for a windshield. But I installed it today and went for a ride. After a short run at highway speed on the 403 and slower on some back roads, I think it was worth it. Like was said before, at 140kph there was no buffeting and very little noise. I could have rode with my face shield open.

I had no problem with my order. I submitted the order on Wednesday evening May 18 and it was shipped May 26 in the morning. I received it today, May 30. I am guessing, but it appears that they got their sourcing sorted.

Thanks for all of the feedback and pics everyone.

Backfill, I will be in Ancaster this weekend for a soccer tournament, I might have some time to swing by and have a look if you are around.

RaYzerman19 How tall are you, I was wondering about the 5x4 as well? I am 5'10 with and inseam of 30" so I am not sure if the 3x4 would be tall enough

My 3+ 4+ is on the UPS truck to be delivered tomorrow. I like the way that looks on your bike and your initial report sounds good as well. I like the antennas too. I'm going to order up a set of those tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the feedback and pics everyone.

Backfill, I will be in Ancaster this weekend for a soccer tournament, I might have some time to swing by and have a look if you are around.

RaYzerman19 How tall are you, I was wondering about the 5x4 as well? I am 5'10 with and inseam of 30" so I am not sure if the 3x4 would be tall enough

I just installed a new +5+4 last week. I'm 6'1" with 32"inseam. I find it to be a lot better than stock. I would be curious however to sit on the bike with the +4+3 just for comparison. While the larger one does provide good wind protection I wonder if it could be one size smaler, and I do notice the screen bounces around a bit on the highway. Overall, I'm happy with it though.

As for shipping costs I too paid the extra 10 bucks which came to $268. I ordered the screen on May 11, it shipped May 19, and I picked it up on the 27th, right after I forked out another 30-something coins for tax and brokerage.