PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather is looking OK and schedule opened up so I think I'll attend, too. It will be an over and back Sat.
How many tire changes are on the schedule? I need to change mine, both are worn out and I just had to plug the rear. Debating whether to ride over or pull the wheels at home and cage over to lessen the work load there.

Would love to meet other easterners for B'fast. Cottage Inn sounds fine.

Ride it over. Go the wheel stand ans and everything need to to do the changes. No problem

Just re-adding my work item to say it's covered... because I'm definitely going to need a hand figuring my way through the details on this one...
I want to install my headlight modulator.

That's it - unless others peer-pressure me into things like TB syncing, etc. Though with 1800 miles on the odo, will it even be needed...?

Wonder if we might be able to tighten up a bit of the slack on my throttle cable? The dealer did this during the first inspection and it mad ea noticable difference to me in term sof control, smoothness, etc.

Oh, and if anyone has an extra 20 or so horsepower lying around, I'd like to install that as well. :D (I know, I know, seduced by the dark side already...)
There should be someone here that will be able to help you with everything.

Auburn, sorry I didnt get back w/you about my rear tire. I did get the plug to hold and will be able to ride out to your place for the Techmeet. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cool. See you then. I do have a used rear set aside. If it looks better then what you have on now, we can swap them so you don't have a plugged tire to ride on.
Thx, will take a look at that. Can you PM your address.

Auburn, sorry I didnt get back w/you about my rear tire. I did get the plug to hold and will be able to ride out to your place for the Techmeet. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cool. See you then. I do have a used rear set aside. If it looks better then what you have on now, we can swap them so you don't have a plugged tire to ride on.

PM sent

PM sent
New to the area, on Bainbridge. I've got an '05 Feej. Let me know place and time andI'll try to make it. Thanks.

PM sent
New to the area, on Bainbridge. I've got an '05 Feej. Let me know place and time andI'll try to make it. Thanks.

PM Sent. Details are in post #1 of this thread

I'm a new guy and am looking forward to meeting some of youze guys and attending my very first tech session... which brings me to the subject of a pair of small JATO rockets I'd like to install while at the tech session. How much duct tape should I bring along? Does anyone know the proper burn rate to set these at...and should I remove all the keys and loose change from my pocket before I light them off?

Thanks,

Paul

I won't be there tomorrow. My FJR isn't back together yet. The Busa is still in pieces and I can't afford to drive the truck down right now. Having no income for almost three months sucks.

Quick question.

Like a head count of folks that will be meeting at Totem LK Denny's a 7AM.

Also is anyone going to meet us in Duvall at 8:30? I not we might pass on Duvall.

PS: TW's, will miss see'en ya. Hang in there!

Me

Sportsguy

Panman

Escapefjrtist

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be there tomorrow. My FJR isn't back together yet. The Busa is still in pieces and I can't afford to drive the truck down right now. Having no income for almost three months sucks.
Too bad Doug. I'll volunteer AuburnFJR for another one of these in the spring ;) :lol: and you can try again.

Count me in for breakfast at Denny's. I suggested it, maybe I should show??

--G

I'm a new guy and am looking forward to meeting some of youze guys and attending my very first tech session... which brings me to the subject of a pair of small JATO rockets I'd like to install while at the tech session. How much duct tape should I bring along? Does anyone know the proper burn rate to set these at...and should I remove all the keys and loose change from my pocket before I light them off?
Thanks,

Paul
This is a new one for Tech Day! :blink: Pretty sure we have a rocket scientist around here somewhere...or someone who will volunteer. Pan, whatdda ya think?

--G

No need to meet us in Duvall, were a going straight there ... so have a safe ride guys. Be careful of the slippery leaves on the road and keep a special lookout for the boys in blue, we have seen quite a few in the area in the past.

See ya all there.

:D

DB

Too bad Doug. I'll volunteer AuburnFJR for another one of these in the spring ;) :lol: and you can try again.

Count me in for breakfast at Denny's. I suggested it, maybe I should show??

--G
Not a problem. I am pretty central for most folks to get to.

Regrets. :angry2 Due to family issues I will not be there tomorrow.

One day I will manage to get off this rock and join in a ride.

Best Wishes

BBQ