PNW Fall Tech Meet #19 - October 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll run the tire machine-----again.
dance.gif
You do a fine job of it too!
punk.gif
...don't encourage him Adam!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Scratch that can't go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on coming and bringing a forum newbie, SadNinja, along. I think he might be bringing something of special interest for evaluation by regional FJR colleagues as well.....maybe he'll post up a hint.
wink.png

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 14th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, Taco Bar, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

JamesW

ahchiu

harper

chazglenn3

PhatAir4me

audiowize

redneckj

Ignacio +1
The list is up to date.

I'll be there but the bike will be in the shop. Still trying to sort out the head shake after hitting a rock in NorCal. :(

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 14th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, Taco Bar, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

JamesW

ahchiu

harper

chazglenn3

PhatAir4me

audiowize

redneckj

Ignacio +1

AdamK

Dex857

Rich

CurlyJoe

wingshot
List is up to date

Snoqualmie Pass snow level is flirting with 3000' with slush and snow in places. I'm hoping it warms up this morning and afternoon so myself and SadNinja are making a go/no go choice about noon. The FJRs seriously want to go!

You could follow the river to I5 and then north. Not much fun but would get you there.
smile.png
It's supposed to be better later in the weekend. Snowing here
uhoh.gif

I was going to make a last-minute 'I'm in!' post after trying for the last month to move things around this weekend to make it work (and looking for tips on how to make the pigtail installation smoother for the mechanically disinclined like me), but instead I'm going to skip it and I'll see you all in the Spring. My '16 is making a high-pitched electronic whine that I can hear when running (seemingly best heard around the rear of the tank area), and I can vary pitch viathe electronic switch (knocks down a bit lower in tone if I hit and hold the switch to lower the windshield, for example). I figure I'd better have them check it out while it's still under its one-year warranty...and if they're doing that, I'll just have them throw on the pigtail so I don't have to hassle with the fairing.

Long as I have you tech folks reading this, though: Does that high-pitched electronic whine sound like a familiar problem to anyone? It's not loud, per se, but it is noticable.

EDIT: Going to move this to the Technical page...sorry, probably should have placed it there to begin with. Hope you all have a good Meet, and I do plan to make the Spring one! :)

Many thanks again, enjoyed the doings and the familiar faces, always one of the highlights of my social year. The food! Oh my goodness the food. Bryan and Marissa thank you so much.

Great seeing all y'all today! The food [and pie!] was awesome along with a bit of "tech" and catching up with everyone.

As always, thanks to Auburn and Marissa for opening up their wonderful home to the masses.

--G

Thanks for hosting this splendid event twice a year, Bryan and Marissa. This time I got a closer look at fork disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly. There's more time to learn what's going on when they're not your own forks. Thanks for the tutorial, Bryan. Another $10 well invested in education with much more than that returned in the form of great food.