PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our tenth tech meet!

Saturday May 4th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

I am working with Barry from KFG Racing (GP suspension) to come by for a couple of hours to talk to us about suspension set up and have him show us how to set the preload properly. I will confirm this once I have a chance to follow up with him again in a couple of weeks.
GP Suspension is CONFIRMED

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds - Barb,

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

We are limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve

Valve checks:
1. jmgrif (gen II)
2. BC (gen II)
3. Speedyegg (gen II)

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and they can get the bike stripped down.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)
AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu +1
Barabus (& Mrs?)
jmgrif +2
speedyegg
RPK & Mrs.
Sportsguy
DennisJ
TommyJ
DenCouch +1
Bob Atkinson
Jer
Barb & Norm
Seattle Ty
JJ from GP Suspension (noon to 2 PM)
Pat L +1
wingshot
El Cajone (& Mrs.)
Tom Edison
Makuna
N2osx (+?)
Gbmksmith
RoadTrip
cruppelt (?)
Harald
ElliottM
ElCamino Kid (?)
TheClawFJR (& Mrs.)
WaBill
juniorFJR
Riona
Allrider +1
DaveK
bigchunk
johnnyb
squidbuzz
JamesW
Mcrider007

EricB

DrWing

psd2001

redneckj +1

lowandsilent

blufjr +1

NWJeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our tenth tech meet!
Saturday May 4th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

I am working with Barry from KFG Racing (GP suspension) to come by for a couple of hours to talk to us about suspension set up and have him show us how to set the preload properly. I will confirm this once I have a chance to follow up with him again in a couple of weeks.

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds - Barb,

We are limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve

Valve checks:

1. jmgrif (gen II)

2. BC (gen II)

3. Speedyegg

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and get the bike stirped down and ready.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Barabus (& Mrs?)

jmgrif +1

speedyegg
please add JamesW

Please add RPK + Mrs.

I'd love to do the electrical addictions and tire change.

Can you PM me your address?

Thanks a lot

V

RPK

clapping.gif
Thanks Auburn!

--G

I'm in! I'll bring something with wheels! Mark me as a oneski; I'll update later if Donna decides to attend, closer to the date. :)

Please add me to the list. I'm interested especially a rear tire mount & balance and the suspension setup as I am running the original components on a ;09 with 16K miles now, more by May. I had your address a couple of years ago but need it again. Please email that to me.

Thanks, Dennis

Please add RPK + Mrs.
I'd love to do the electrical addictions and tire change.

Can you PM me your address?

Thanks a lot

V

RPK
You have mail

Please add me to the list. I'm interested especially a rear tire mount & balance and the suspension setup as I am running the original components on a ;09 with 16K miles now, more by May. I had your address a couple of years ago but need it again. Please email that to me.
Thanks, Dennis
You have mail

Count me in.
You have mail

PNW Spring Tech Meet #10 ++1

ohhhh! throttle body sync would be a great addition!
thumbsup.gif

(Seattle average temp for this day is 61*)
coolsmiley03.png

Auburn FJR

Please count me in. I have a 2011 FJR I purchased new in Aug of 2011. I Would like to hang out meet people and learn.

Bob Atkinson

Bellingam WA

360 738 8036

I am due for a valve check. Would like to attend if a spot is available.

I am currently wintering in California, but plan to be back in the Northwest at the end of April.

barb and Norm; PAIR plates and fork service would be my two top shelf items to attend to

<snip> ohhhh! throttle body sync would be a great addition!
thumbsup.gif
Easy as 1-2-3, we've done dozens many...although I'll predict your '12 will be spot on based on our strictly scientific sampling procedures!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G
George, It's easy as 1-2-3-4.. FJR 4, Triumph 3, but you knew that right..:)

I do not have much to do to my bike, but I would not turn down the opportunity to hang out with some great people. Thank you for putting on another tech day Brian and organizing Barry from GP to come out, please count me in :)

Latest posts