PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am due for a valve check. Would like to attend if a spot is available.
I am currently wintering in California, but plan to be back in the Northwest at the end of April.
Jer, I already have one more that we normally do for he tech day and another ahead of you waiting. I would recommend getting a hold of FJRay over in LaPine and see if you can have him assist you or do it for you.

List is updated.

here is a note added to the first post about valve checks:

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

To explain further, I have about 4-6 people at the tech meet who have done several valve checks and are here to assist. They are not here to do the valve check for you. This is an oppertunity for you to try it with help available to watch and make sure you don't miss something or get stuck.

If you are not comfortable doing complex maintenance on your bike, then you should have a professional mechanic do it for you. If we can't fit you in, you can contact one of the people and see if they will assist you at your home or make some arrangement.

PNW Spring Tech Meet #10 ++1

ohhhh! throttle body sync would be a great addition!
thumbsup.gif

(Seattle average temp for this day is 61*)
coolsmiley03.png
No problem, I have a TBS tool

List is updated.
here is a note added to the first post about valve checks:

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

To explain further, I have about 4-6 people at the tech meet who have done several valve checks and are here to assist. They are not here to do the valve check for you. This is an oppertunity for you to try it with help available to watch and make sure you don't miss something or get stuck.

If you are not comfortable doing complex maintenance on your bike, then you should have a professional mechanic do it for you. If we can't fit you in, you can contact one of the people and see if they will assist you at your home or make some arrangement.

PNW Spring Tech Meet #10 ++1

ohhhh! throttle body sync would be a great addition!
thumbsup.gif

(Seattle average temp for this day is 61*)
coolsmiley03.png
No problem, I have a TBS tool
"WOO-HOO!"

...I will bring along my El Cheapo light bar for people to kick around!

www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/144039-what-did-you-do-to-your-fjr-today/?p=990859

barb and Norm; PAIR plates and fork service would be my two top shelf items to attend to
Got you on the list for forks. Hope Norm is handy
smile.png
Barb, do you have the Gen 1 parts list for your fork rebuild? you will need 2 of the following. and 2 liter of fork oil.

(check oil wt for your bike, 5 wt.)

Lower Bushing.....4SV-23135-10-00

Upper Bushing.....4SV-23125-10-00

Dust Seal.............4SV-23144-00-00

Oil Seal................4SV-23145-01-00

Washer................4SV-23115-00-00

C Clip...................4SV-23156-00-00

Last edited by a moderator:
Always a great event, and a good spring time get together. Looking forward to seeing everyone and lending a hand

Hey Auburn,

Q? Do you want me to send you them greenbacks already? I'd like to do that, so you've got that already at hand?

V

RPK

Count me in plus my SO (Rosalind). I probably won't have anything to do on my bike but I can lend a hand elsewhere and maybe return some favours.

Shaping up nicely this spring!
Be great to see GP again. Their work is amazing!
Yes, I hope to make it an ongoing thing with GP Suspension. They are going to start with the basics talking about set up this time and a little about adjustments. In future tech meets I would like to have them discuss more about how the suspension works and some of the theories behind it and how adjustments affect the settings. Most of it will be more race based, but that is where it gets developed and then adapted to for street use.

I am exicted that they are taking the time from their busy schedule during the race season and track side support they do to send a tech to our get together.

Ill bring the fuel
cool

Put me in as a maybe. I am not sure when I will be working. Also, a friend and I are planning a 3 or 4 day trip to Nor Cal and back sometime in May as well.