PNW Spring Tech Meet #12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 10th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

Going to keep it toned down and keep the maintenance on the light side again. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last Spring's tech meet. We will have a set of forks with GP's new cartridges installed for anyone to demo that wants to. Please coordinate with Ahchiu (Marcus) on the tech day. You can sign up here and indicate that you would like to try them.

I met Nels Byersdorf at the Motorcycle show this last weekend and talked to him about flashing the ECU for the FJR's. Nels flashes the ECU with a custom map for each bike individually on a dnyo. I am working to have Nels here to talk about doing ECU flashes and what you can expect from one. Nels is verifying if the flash can remove the speed limit on the 2013 cruise control. They have a portable dyno and create a custom map for each bike. If someone wants a ECU flash done, he is considering bringing his portable dyno to the meet and using it as a demo for us all to see. More to come on this.

Nels is being rescheduled for the Fall event.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

9 - 5 - Maintenance and other work on bikes

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration

11 - 1 lunch (while listening to GP)

1:30 - ? 2 Wheel Dyno Works (to be confirmed) Nels is unable to make this event. We are rescheduling him for the Fall.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)
AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

MCRider007

JamesW

juniorfjr

Lauren_TK + Mrs.

Seattle Ty

El Cajone

Road Trip

wingshot +2

Duster19?

hmwave

JohnnyB

gbrmksmith

Bob Atkinson

henwil

olyk12

Harald

Riona

TheClawFJR

BigChunk

blufjr (?)

travelinFJR

EricB (?)

Top Case

Irish Phil +1

Sportsguy

waBill

Fontanaman

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I would love to get my bike in Nels hands. He is a Dyno tuning master.
Come on up. He would like to have someone that wants the work done to do at the meet. You would still have to pay for his service, but your experience would be shared with many.

Man I would love to get my bike in Nels hands. He is a Dyno tuning master.
Come on up. He would like to have someone that wants the work done to do at the meet. You would still have to pay for his service, but your experience would be shared with many.
I would gladly pay. I believe he is around $175 - $200 for a base run and custom tune. Worth every penny. If you were local, there would be no question I would be there. All my vacation is allocated this year. Anyone with the funds should have Nels tune their bike. We are trying to get him down here in southern Oregon, but need to get more people onboard to make it worth his trip here.

Thanks for opening up your home again Auburn!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the day with y'all!
punk.gif

--G

Bryan please count me in :)

Thank you for your time and hosting the tech meet, it is greatly appreciated :)

I will try to install the Stiffy subframe kit and ground my J&M antenna. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I hope to have all my maintenance done by then, but might leave something on the table or just show up and hangout if the weather is good.

Add me to the tentative list, but will confirm as we get closer.

Dave