PNW Spring Tech Meet #12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for coming.

Barry Wressel the owner of KFG/GP Suspension holding class and showing fork internals.

IMG_9110_zps9a945635.jpg

IMG_9104_zps8aa33def.jpg

IMG_9089_zpscc38d5f6.jpg

IMG_9082_zpsc048c84f.jpg

Truffels

IMG_9094_zps0cbbf72b.jpg

Truffels getting some

IMG_9103_zpsa524d4fa.jpg

What's left of the spread

IMG_9122_zpscf2bb60e.jpg

Great turn out, no rain. Good to see everyone again, meet some new people...

Thanks to all for coming.
Barry Wressel the owner of KFG/GP Suspension holding class and showing fork internals.

IMG_9104_zps8aa33def.jpg

What kinda happy horse crap is this?? Organized sit down meetings?

We drank more beer and wrecked three times the stuff u wet coaster did in only 163 minutes!

Good to see others involved in this kind stuff guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sportsguy did not touch his bike, what a relief...
ohmy.png
lol.gif
...now that's going to leave a mark!

Thanks again Bryan and Marissa for hosting the spring tech meet. It was great fun as always and, as much as I like pizza, the lunch buffet was superb. Apologies to Pie Man for taking the first slice; if there was any justice in the world, that honour would have gone to you. And thanks again George for the instruction and letting me help you change my fork oil.
Happy to assist Dana...get that front tire changed, k?

And it did not even rain
...no rain.
Glad for that after what the north end crew rode through crossing Tiger Mountain!

--G

Looks like you guys had a great day and yes, it did not rain down here in Vancouver either at my daughters graduation.

When is the next tech meet - in the fall?

Sorry I missed this one, but I had a date with some sunshine in Chelan. Looks like everyone had a great time as usual.

A big THANKS to Bryan and Marissa for hosting another excellent Tech Day! The food and fellowship was enjoyable as usual. I'm still shocked that I beat the Pieman to the pies! :)

We drank more beer and wrecked three times the stuff u wet coaster did in only 163 minutes!
We did manage one tipped over FJR on Bryan's "Driveway of Suicide" so we're trying to keep up! ;)

Hey all - need help finding an item that went unpurchased on the swap table. It was a small plastic yellow case with a red sharpie label that read "David K - Micrometer - $40". It contained a machinest Micrometer that I has also posted on Craigslist. Now someone wants to buy it, but it has not been seen since its stay on the swap meet table.

I am thinking someone set it down somewhere and I need find that somewhere. Shoot me a PM with clues. The real value is more that the friends swap meet value of $40.

Thanks to Bryan and Marissa for once again opening their home for a great gathering. Great to see those in attendance.

Hey guys, I just remembered I was talking to one of you about LED lighting and I mentioned I had a dimmer from LEDRider I'd give you if you wanted/needed it. I just can't remember who I was talking to :( It's unused, I just decided to go with a Skene controller. Let me know if you still want it and I'll get it to you. If I don't hear from anybody I'll post it up in the pay it forward thread.

Some of you asked me at the Tech Meet to report back what I noticed from the new spark plugs we installed.

I can't say I noticed more power, but there might be some. Don't know.

What I did notice is that the MPG did go up some. I am sure others have probably documented it in detail somewhere on the forum.

I have never monitored it in great detail before, but I do remember that the average MPG would sit around 41.x MPG. I did do a 1500 mile trip since the tech meet and I would say the MPG is up by 2-4MPG just from casual observations. E.g. the last 400+ miles of the trip came in at 44.x MPG.