PNW weather sucks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm scheduled to take an Experieced Rider Course (ERC) with the Gold Wing Drill team Sunday in Auburn...crossing fingers glass is half full on weather. Also hoping I don't embarrass myself too much on the figure 8s with the FJR. Last time, I took this class with my SV650...suspect it will be a wee bit different with the FJR.

Question: should I keep the hard bags on (protect bike but scratch bags) or not (risk scratching bike)for the class?
blink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
QUICK! Go outside right now! The sun is out!!!

oh, you may have missed it while reading this post...sorry...

Your right Sportsguy, the SUN was out. You just got

to get it as it comes! Without that rain we'd turn

into Arizoner or Californy. :lol:

Rode up to Mt Erie this afternoon

Like my new ride!

:)

I was eyeballing a Versys hard today while the FJR was in for a tune up/oil change. There was a used one in at Ducati Bellevue.

Sadly, I didn't have the chance to test ride it.

I did, however, have the chance to test ride the MultiStrada 1200S...and....ummm...WOW!

WOW!

Prior to this I was happy to dismiss it as overpriced, complicated and too "road focused".

Even with knobbies I doubt it would keep up with a KTM 990 Adventure offroad, but in fairness, if you're only surfing fire roads, with the right tires it'd be a blast.

Not as complicated as I thought - even the electro-suspension was a breeze to figure out. Brakes were simply breathtaking. Wheelies are but a twist away in first and second gears. The aftermarket exhaust the tester had was more than enough music for hours of riding (I'm in love...)

Handling was inspiring.

Within 300 feet of the dealer I'd picked up a tail. One of Redmond's finest rode tail gunner to make sure I wasn't bothered...I'm sure that's why he was back there... ;)

Followed me through town, then I turned and he kept going...much to my relief...because that bike encourages, goads, suggests, guides, begs, teases and flat out screams at you to do insane, crazy, hooliganish things!

It was a relief to get back on the FJR...and to feel how smooth it is, how comforting, friendly, helpful and trustworthy.

The sun was indeed out today. And I was riding a bright red Ducati Multistrada - yup, fine Saturday.

...still, I don't see the Multi being worth $21k...lovely as it is...

Snowing...heavily...again. :eek:

At least it's not sticking [yet].

--G

Edit -- Sticking, yard is completely covered... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm scheduled to take an Experieced Rider Course (ERC) with the Gold Wing Drill team Sunday in Auburn...crossing fingers glass is half full on weather. Also hoping I don't embarrass myself too much on the figure 8s with the FJR. Last time, I took this class with my SV650...suspect it will be a wee bit different with the FJR.

Question: should I keep the hard bags on (protect bike but scratch bags) or not (risk scratching bike)for the class?
blink.gif
The weather turned out to be perfect today with all the bikes completing the class without any additional scratches or missing parts. :yahoo: It was a really fun class that I would highly recommend to new as well as experienced riders.

2012-03-1809-11-43765-M.jpg

2012-03-1812-33-40800-M.jpg