Polish work on FJR Engine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great! Question - when you polish a painted surface, is the paint removed during the process?

Your bike looks great, nice work! :clapping: What did you use to strip the paint off with, automotive paint stripper? Now how about polishing those fork legs?

That looks great! Question - when you polish a painted surface, is the paint removed during the process?

Hi.

Yes the paint is remove during the polish. First you must remove all the paint with fine watersand paper, then you start on the edges with the polish then you work your way to finish it. & the polsih will not tarnish becasue the Blue saop is burn into the aluminium.

That is the start of an trouble coming, {Please don't ever ... ever use paint remover} Just remove old paint with fine watersand paper.

Your bike looks great, nice work! :clapping: What did you use to strip the paint off with, automotive paint stripper? Now how about polishing those fork legs?

Hell, just don't use Paint stripper ever. It will mesh up the polsih proccess. Just use fine watersand paper, start off with 400 then 600 then 1200 then finaly 2000. then use steel wol, then you polish it up.

Can you post up pictures or links of what you use to do the polishing in case the rest of want to give it a try?

Why not! Let me just get all my stuff Ready, once done i'll show you some stuff how to do it. Cause you must be very careful, once you start polishing you can wave your polish part if to much heat is added. But i'll show you.

Can you post up pictures or links of what you use to do the polishing in case the rest of want to give it a try?

Why not! Let me just get all my stuff Ready, once done i'll show you some stuff how to do it. Cause you must be very careful, once you start polishing you can wave your polish part if to much heat is added. But i'll show you.
Very cool. Thank you.

Very cool. Thank you.

I will give you step by step, just give me sometime, to do it, i have lots of work at this point with gamedev, but i will give you my top secret polish stuff.