Portland Police Shooting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyrains

Reaction score
Just got a video call on Skype from my wife. She was taking a nap after work, got woke up by some commotion out on the street behind our apartment patio. She went to investigate, and ended up watching the Portland police tazer then shoot to death a guy sitting in the passenger seat of a car. A cop was also shot in the leg, apparently not life threatening. The apartment building in the video clip below is where we live. Amazing that she should witness such a thing right out our back door. I thought we lived in a fairly safe part of town. Apparently there is no such thing.

Clicky

Wow! I remember being outside in an old neighborhood when 3 police cars raced up to a house about 4 down from me. They jumped out, and pulled their guns right away, and told me to stay back, which I gratefully did. No shooting, but just the sight of guns being drawn was a tad scary.

Yep, saw that on the news last night, right after the story about Portland Police Chief Sizer being fired. "Somebody got some splainin' to do!" Glad your wife wasn't involved or hurt in the scuffle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I used to live on NE Fremont, I have a good idea about were your building is. This kind of shooting could happen anywhere though if a car get's pulled over and the driver has a gun with him. Not good! I hope your wife gets over witnessing this.

No shooting, but just the sight of guns being drawn was a tad scary.
Indeed. I was on the business end of a gun during a robbery when I was in bank management. It was a LONG time after that before I was comfortable being alone in my apartment again.

My best to your wife, Dusty

There was more police activity in the area again today. I had to run to Lloyd Center around noon and they had a whole block closed off between 9th and 10th, and Weidler and Halsey. I can't find anything to indicate what it was.

And I see there was another gal that watched the whole thing yesterday, and took video of it on her iPhone. LINK

Just got a video call on Skype from my wife. She was taking a nap after work, got woke up by some commotion out on the street behind our apartment patio. She went to investigate, and ended up watching the Portland police tazer then shoot to death a guy sitting in the passenger seat of a car. A cop was also shot in the leg, apparently not life threatening. The apartment building in the video clip below is where we live. Amazing that she should witness such a thing right out our back door. I thought we lived in a fairly safe part of town. Apparently there is no such thing.
Clicky

Yep

WOW, so they first tasered him then shot him. That sounds like they wanted to relax him first before initiating his execution.

"Glad your wife wasn't involved or hurt in the scuffle."

"Witnessing a shooting can be pretty traumatic. Take good care of her."

"I hope your wife gets over witnessing this."

"My best to your wife, Dusty "

I am a little late getting back to this post, but thank you all for your supportive comments. My wife is an RN in a large nearby regional trauma hospital and sees the results of awful human tragedies most every week and usually bears up fairly well. But this incident kind of knocked her for an emotional loop. She has been to see a counselor already, and will be going back for more soon. Thanks again. I will be staying close to her for awhile.