Powder coating system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heed the fine print at the bottom of the ad that says 'non-food preparation oven' or you will be seeking out TWN's advice for a new oven. If you try to sneak powder coated parts into the kitchen oven your wife will be looking for you :assassin:

You better do some research on that system also - I've read that it's not all that great. I have the cheapo system Caswell Plating and it works pretty well. There's a serious jump in price up to the next level. Also, plan on baking the parts outside or in a remote garage - the outgassing stinks bad... Think burning plastic... :blink:

Heed the fine print at the bottom of the ad that says 'non-food preparation oven' or you will be seeking out TWN's advice for a new oven. If you try to sneak powder coated parts into the kitchen oven your wife will be looking for you :assassin:
Dat's da fact Jack! That shit will mess up the innerds toot sweet, especially if it's a convection oven. If you're are going to do this yourself, buy a cheap, used electric oven, stow it in the garage and do your shake 'n bake there. I hear Ari's been looking to upgrade his Suzy Homemaker Easy Bake Oven (am I mixing my Kenner and Topper Toys? Hmmm. Can't remember as I was playing combat with my Johnny 7 O.M.A.) set and might make you a deal on it. Hell, I'll bet he'll even through in his Betty Crocker Signature Series Apron!

Clear those cobwebs from the kitchen oven... time to get cooking.
the powder coating system from Craftsman is on sale:

>>>CLICKY<<<
I have one of these but have not had a chance to use it. I bought it to powder coat sled suspention parts to change the color and to recoat them after welding. My wife still doen't know I will be using her oven to cure the parts. :lol:

I hear Ari's been looking to upgrade his Suzy Homemaker Easy Bake Oven
Not true. But I wanted one! My dad wouldn't let me have any toys that would result in my growing up gay. Here's a short list of things I asked for as a kid, and what my dad had to say about it:

Partridge Family lunch box.................................................................GAY

G.I. Joe.......................................................................................

........GAY

Roller skates....................................................................................

...GAY

Easy Bake Oven..................................................................................GAY

Barbie....................................................................................

...............GAY

White pumps and matching clutch for after Memorial Day...................GAY

I couldn't win.

Last edited by a moderator: