Powerlet Outlet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longrider

Reaction score
Want to put an outlet in the rear of my 2014 FJR ES. The 2014 kit Powerlet sells will not fit in the space due to the ES shocks.

Has anyone mounted a Powerlet outlet in the Left rear??

Also looking for ideas about mounting a Shad case on the bike.

Many Thanks,

Bruce

aka Longrider

I did with an FJR Powerlet kit I bought last year I was going to use on my Gen 1. I did install it slightly farther back (rear of the rear exhaust hanger bolt), but running it right now on my ES. The Powerlet portion is the shorter depth one with a boot around it. Plenty of clearance from the shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the dual outlet by Powerlet. It's the one installed right under the seat lock. Installed very easily (sort of) the biggest issue with the install is removing the center plastic to access the battery area. I have a 2013. I don't think you have to remove the center panel on the 2014 though. I like the dual outlet, wasn't too expensive and works great. I bought the cigarette plug too for my air compressor. Makes connecting the battery tender sper easy.

I just cut a hole in the side cover and mounted a powerlet outlet there. Looks fine, works fine.