Prelude to adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...On the ride out of Burgess Junction on the top of the Big Horns down the east slop to Dayton, I (ahem) sort of wound up in front and Marilyn and I got a very good, almost clean, run down to the bottom through some of my very favorite twisties, pushing it pretty hard, feeling the groove, nailing the corner entries, apexes and exits, minimal brakes, just getting it all right, the Pirelli Angel GTs sticking like glue and railing the lines with little effort at the bars. No chicken strips left. I love the groove, the zone!
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

Sounds like it was a great time with family...
Wheaton, my wife has been at pillion with me for 35 years and knows my riding. A couple of years ago we were riding a set of fine and moderately technical Idaho twisties and I was struggling, was simply off my game, making corrections and sometimes multiple corrections within turns. At a break she asked me what was wrong. She is in tune. This time, after the run down the east slope of the Big Horns, she said, "You were really on today." She knows smooth from herky-jerky. I love that woman.

Riding with family is a joy: in this case brother and sister-in-law and sister and brother-in-law. And they are skilled, sensible riders.

Bugnatr: So those were your gloves on that retaining wall where we took a break in the shade between the cafe and Sinclair Station in Dayton, Wyo.?

Tyler, looking at your picture reminded me of a couple of my favorite Sturgis T-shirts: "Nice trailer, Pussy!" and "I rode mine to Trailer Week."

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Sky- I think I can relate to what you are describing regarding your wife. Mine is just getting used to the bike - having really only ridden with me for any distance a year or two now. There was more verbal communication in the beginning, but now she has grown to know what to expect. She tends to sit neutral rather than lean with me and again, i know what to expect from her too.

It's an intimate time together, for sure. After 28 years of marriage, it's a refreshing activity for both of us.