Proud of myself

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riona

Reaction score
Proud of myself for having installed and gotten to work my Sena SMH10-11 headset ...

Most of you know by now I'm challenged in the farkle department, usually relying on the rest of you to rally round and help, so actually getting something to work all by myself is cool, no ?

Recap:

* Researched the forum to make the purchase decision of the SMH10-11 (rather than the SMH10 or other varients ..), better to fit my modular Schuberth C3W helmet

* Ordered, paid for and took delivery of said headset

* Opened the box, figured out what everything was (this is a pretty comprehensive package, there are almost as many bit left over as there were when I started - alternate mounts, alternate microphones, alternate charging cables, alternate thicknesses of pads, spare this & that

* managed to connect the main bit (technical term !) to my laptop to charge it and update its firmware (now on 4.2.1 , delivered as 4.2)

* Figured out how to fix it onto my helmet (had to use the stick-on mount, the clip in didn't work with the way the Schuberth lining seals into the helmet

* got the boom mike and the speakers tucked in

* got it paired with my iPhone

* FAILED to get it paired to my Garmin 2595LMT GPS ... I had hoped to get voice directions from the GPS into the headset, but apparently the Bluetooth on that particular Garmin isn't set up that way - else why would people pay $500 plus for a zumo instead of $150 for a Nuvi)

* Downloaded WAZE - a free navigation app - to my iPhone --- that gives me voice nav from the iPhone to the Sena - and so, meh, Mr. Garmin, who needs you anyway
nuke.gif

* Loaded a few songs to my iPhone (Long Way Home by Supertramp seemed appropriate)

* made the wonderful discovery that pressing the phone button on the Sena wakes Siri up so I can experience her ineptitude even at 50 mph on a motorbike

In short, I'm now loaded for bear. I can play music, get voice directions (from the GPS on my iPhone, not from my Garmin), make and receive phone calls.

Just need to test out rider to rider communications with another Sena equipped rider, and I'm there. I'll probably leave the Garmin mounted on the bars in the aquabox, its quite nice to have for altitude going over mountain passes, and for accurate speed checks in urban areas.

OK, you guys are all like "Sena is the easiest thing on the planet to set up, what's she making a fuss about" but hey, I proud of having done it myself

Riona

Congrats, I understand there were a few calls made today...wink,wink.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Riona!

"Sena wakes Siri up so I can experience her ineptitude even at 50 mph on a motorbike"

You know Microsoft Phone is the way to go right - you live in Redmond
smile.png
!

Good stuff Riona!
"Sena wakes Siri up so I can experience her ineptitude even at 50 mph on a motorbike"

You know Microsoft Phone is the way to go right - you live in Redmond
smile.png
!

I'm only going by the phones I see my Microsoft friends using .... and they prefer Google to Bing as well ....

Congrats, I understand there were a few calls made today...wink,wink.
--G

a phone call with no one on the other end is a little pointless ...

I'm only going by the phones I see my Microsoft friends using .... and they prefer Google to Bing as well ....

Ouch - I'm MSFT - don't see that much from where I sit. Oh well.

Ouch - I'm MSFT - don't see that much from where I sit. Oh well.

Oh come on David ... Seriously you don't see the occasional Android or iOS device laying around anywhere ?

I looked for global numbers but was only able to find the European statistics:

In terms of operating system, Android continues to dominate the smartphone landscape.

In the quarter, Google’s OS shipped 21.9 million units and market share increased to 69 per cent in 1Q13 from 55 per cent in last years’ first quarter.

Apple’s iOS continues to lose ground as market share declined to 20% from 25% in 1Q12.

Windows Phone improved its position to become the third biggest OS in the region, but it still represents a tiny percentage of the smartphones shipped. Its market share rose to 6 per cent in Q1 2013 from 4 per cent in Q1 2012.

Interesting to note:

One commentary was completely bogus. It noted that Windows Phones quarterly units shipped went up from 1.1 million to 1.9 .. a 73% increase .... and concluded from this that Windows was about to take over the market from Android ..

There are Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics ....

Thanks - wfooshee - or whatever your name is.
Hey, I'm actually a Microsoft guy in my career. I build servers and networks for a living. I had a Windows Mobile 6 phone for a long time, and loved it. The current Windows Mobile sux, as does Windows 8. That stupid screen is a bigger failure than Office 2007's "Office" button.

Way to go! It's only a matter of time until you're mounting your own tires.
LOL...she has plenty of us "locals" to assist with that item!
--G

So true - I just have to pace the tire wear to coincide with spring or fall tech day, order in the tires, bake an extra batch or two of cookies and ask nicely !

so spoiled here (and loving it !)

--G

So true - I just have to pace the tire wear to coincide with spring or fall tech day, order in the tires, bake an extra batch or two of cookies and ask nicely !

No worries, I've got you covered on the north end for fresh rubber. Any time you need a tire change give me a shout!

--G

Thanks,

--G

No worries, I've got you covered on the north end for fresh rubber. Any time you need a tire change give me a shout!

--G

See, I'm spoiled rotten ! Thank you !

Last edited by a moderator: