• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2006 Ducati Red FJR fully farkled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
SOLD

The time has come for me to sell the my 2006 FJR with 63,383 miles.  I am the 2nd owner, bought with 3100 miles on 2007.
I recently bought a Gold Wing, don't need two bikes in the garage.  I am selling this fully farkled with all maintenance up to date.  Price is $5,500 without the frankentank with everything listed below, or $6,000 with the frankentank (will include stock tank too). The paint is not perfect and shows normal wear.  This bike is ready to go, very dependable.  Could easily be used as an IBR rally bike with very little customization by the new rider.

Located in Auburn, WA

Will come with the following:

•    New (o miles) Michelin PR5 GT tires installed
•    GP Suspension Front forks
•    Penske 8987 with remote reservoir w/900# spring for 2up riding – have 800# spring too)
•    J&M audio system with the lower cords (you will need to get the helmet speakers for your helmets) w/ mic-mute, includes the blue tooth dongle for link GPS to system.  Phone can be run through Garmin.
•    Remus slip on exhaust pipes
•    V Stream windscreen
•    McCruise Cruise control system
•    Yamaha top box adapted to GIVI 357 mount
•    Russell day long drive and passenger saddles
•    Ivan ECU flashed – gets 49 MPG (470 +/- fuel range with frankentank)
•    BrakeAway Motorcycle Throttle lock
•    FZ-1 mirrors
•    Bags Connection tankbag w/ quick release fuel ring adaptor
•    Brodie spider eliminator ground harness
•    Brodie ignition switch relay mod
•    Wired through relay for accessories with blue sea fuse block
•    N-Line dash shelf
•    Garmin 595 mount (you need to provide your own 590/595 GPS unit)
•    LED headlights, turn signals, brake lights with LED flashing relay
•    Tapered steering head bearings installed
•    Swing arm and relay arm bearings checked and lubricated with marine moly grease
•    Ryan Enterprises canyon cages (fronts only)
•    Kuryakyn highway pegs
•    Dayton LED volt meter
•    Heat Demon aftermarket grip heaters
•    BMW style hand grips
•    NGK Iridium plus installed
•    Valve check and adjusted 5K mile ago
•    Always run with Yamaha ring free
•    ABM handle bar system (will include stock triple tree and bars with sale)
•    Front wheel bearings replaced 10K miles ago
•    Bushtec hitch and isolated wire harness
•    Ignition switch replaced under recall (also have spare new)
•    Wynpro Pair block off plates installed
•    Wynpro Bigfoot side stand plate
•    Wynpro passenger floor boards
•    Hugger inner rear fender installed
•    ABS test harness switch installed
•    Ram mount for Spot 3 tracker (provide your own SPOT tracker)
•    Nelson rig half cover
•    Oil change and air filter change 100 miles ago.

j1obneF.jpg

qMPd9UV.jpg

nqRYoIw.jpg

GUtZgXb.jpg

Wow!  Brian, you aren't old enough for a Goldwing!
Got some long trips planned. The wing is a better tow vehicle for taking the trailer.  Sadly I can’t justify both bikes in the garage and a dirt bike too.

This FJR would be a great IBR bike for someone if you know anyone looking for something.  

There was a post (by AuburnFJR) some time ago but the photos are mostly missing.

https://www.fjrforum.com/topic/151807-yamaha-top-box-mounted-onto-givi-sr357-monokey-topcase-mounting-kit/?tab=comments#comment-1059239

I expect he will get back to you...
Unfortunately I don;t have the pictures anymore and photofucket is being jackasses about trying to download them or make them available.   They are lost for good.  Not going to be strong armed by them giving a free storage and hosting and then coming back a few years later and saying we want you to pay or else.  They can stick it. 

Any info on this "Yamaha top box adapted to GIVI 357 mount"..

THANKS
What pictures do you need?  I can take more and upload to imgur to post in the other thread.

Unfortunately I don;t have the pictures anymore and photofucket is being jackasses about trying to download them or make them available.   They are lost for good.  Not going to be strong armed by them giving a free storage and hosting and then coming back a few years later and saying we want you to pay or else.  They can stick it. 

What pictures do you need?  I can take more and upload to imgur to post in the other thread.
   When you have the time I would like to see what you have time to send. I'm just not picturing this in my mind . Or can e-mail me at        rvnmaniac  @  hotmail  .,  com

Any info on this "Yamaha top box adapted to GIVI 357 mount"..

THANKS
Finally found some pictures I can show:

Top view: note the red plate under it is home made to bolt the Yamaha mount to the Givi 357 so i could move the top case back about 1.5"

99igcit.jpg

Front view

jagkTyH.jpg

Underside, note the metal plate follows the cut out for the top case to go into and I separated the bottom of the Yamaha mount so it mounts flat to the adapter plate.

TSxtkRg.jpg

Side view:

nHG8Pdo.jpg

Woks great.  My wife takes pictures while we are moving and frequently stands on the pegs, while leaning against the top case.  With the hitch triangulated it is really well supported.