Pucker South Kicker!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaff

tstaff
Reaction score
I’m not trying to step on any toes here & in now way want to offend the route planners/organizers for this years EOM event.

A group of us have just returned from a long weekend of riding in Kentucky, Virginia, & West Virginia, & I have to share what I think is one of the best stretches of asphalt I have ever experienced.

Rt. 80 :yahoo:

I was able to ride the “Puckered South” ride at last years EOM which would make me dream of returning to Burkes Garden, VA.(Which we did) I can’t tell you how many times I would go back & watch this, which is now my second favorite road, behind Rt. 80.

So I’m suggesting to anyone planning to ride the “Puckered South” ride at this years EOM to consider adding a little (ok, not so little) loop to the south west to include this road, you won’t regret it!

WARNING; Not for the faint of heart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, I agree Rt 80 does rock. Rode the north end of it not long ago myself and many times previously, but it makes for a tired butt from L'burg and back in a day. It might be a little easier to combine with Pucker North. But if yer tush can take it by all means go for it. There are several roads in the SW quad that are outstanding, just kinda figured it was too far for most.

I've got an EOM-10 (another long day) worked out just north of Rt 80 but it was too late to make the mapping marathon.

A rally in the general vicinity of Interstate Breaks Park sure would make for some interesting riding.

I can tell you this much, don't give up on EOM-8 until you run it...you may just find a new fav stretch er two.

I'm game! Thanks for the tip man!
Where's the pics from the weekend?

JW
I'm sure you remember Rt. 80 off of the BRP from EOM 2006, well this is better.

I had the camera with me but never took a shot, to busy destroying my front PR2. :) (6,600 miles, thats double the 021)

A couple of the other guys were taking pictures & I'll try & get my hands on them.

Route #8 is one of the routes that I plan to run over EOM weekend.

Break Interstate Park could be too small to hold a full fledged rally at. Depends on attendance, though. In April we thought the same. There are just a boatload of tasty roads around there.

For sure, Breaks had the best food of all of the lodges we stayed at.

I really want to ride that snow covered mountain overpass sometime when it's dry. I think that it was on 119.

A group of us have just returned from a long weekend of riding in Kentucky, Virginia, & West Virginia, & I have to share what I think is one of the best stretches of asphalt I have ever experienced.
Tom, after having the chance to ride with you & the others at Ramble II, I'm sure that you guys had a excellent weekend. I can understand the reason for not posting any pics...way to much fun, to stop and take pictures...who needs more pics of parked bikes???

Tom, I agree Rt 80 does rock. Rode the north end of it not long ago myself and many times previously, but it makes for a tired butt from L'burg and back in a day. It might be a little easier to combine with Pucker North. But if yer tush can take it by all means go for it. There are several roads in the SW quad that are outstanding, just kinda figured it was too far for most.
I've got an EOM-10 (another long day) worked out just north of Rt 80 but it was too late to make the mapping marathon.

A rally in the general vicinity of Interstate Breaks Park sure would make for some interesting riding.

I can tell you this much, don't give up on EOM-8 until you run it...you may just find a new fav stretch er two.
I agree Jim; it would be a very long day.

Thanks to yours & others recommendations we spent Friday night in Pounding Mills, VA. (Don’t miss the opportunity to eat at Cuz's if you’re in the area, great food & unusual atmosphere to say the least.)

Our ride on Saturday started with Rt. 80, 16, 61, the rt to Burkes Garden, (can’t remember the#) 42, 311, Paint Bank for one of the almost famous sandwiches Umm Umm, 220, 39, & 219 got us to Elkins for night after a very full day of twisties.

You sure live in a great area; I’m sure going to miss not being able to make this years EOM. :(

Tom, after having the chance to ride with you & the others at Ramble II, I'm sure that you guys had a excellent weekend. I can understand the reason for not posting any pics...way to much fun, to stop and take pictures...who needs more pics of parked bikes???
Hi Joe,

Actually FZ-1 Wayne had one of the new GoPro helmet cameras that we tried out on 311 in Virginia, also on 536, & 556 in SE Ohio on the way home. Not sure if any of us are smart enough to figure out how to post them on the internet? :D