Put Out to Pasture

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot's o wisdum in those words brother. You're a smart man Bobby, i hope i'm smart enough to know when to stop.

They say when one door closes, another opens. Let us know what's next when you figure it out.

Cheers,

That just suck's! Maybe ya could get a dirt bike. (an do some easy trail ride'n) Anyway the best of luck to ya!

Bobby... that's quite an ordeal you've been through. Sorry to hear about the divorce thing and really glad you've got the internal defibrillator. Without that you sure wouldn't have gone back to finish your set, but it sounds like you realize that. Toughest of all maybe is leaving your biking days behind. For us, bikes are part of our identity, and our comfort through the storms of life. Things seem a little clearer to us when we're on the road. We are a passionate group, and I would encourage you to direct your passion in another area. Music is a world unto it's own, and it sounds like you've pursued and accomplished quite a bit in that area. Bikers are a tough crowd, and you must be good to entertain that group. It's tough to close one chapter of your life but you've got a great attitude and that's the most important thing as we walk through this life. This is an opportunity to open a new chapter, pursue a new passion, and live life to the fullest each day. I wish you well brother, and hope to hear from you often.

Jeez. Big time bummer. I've got 10 years on you and started on the forum about the same time you did. I don't have half of the miles you have put on bikes, but I'm hoping the good Lord lets me get a lot more riding in before I have to give it up. Good luck to you.

GP

Bobby . . . you're a smart man and as tough as it may be to put your pony out and hang up your boots it's a wise man who know and understands his limits. As a musician myself I've often wondered which would go first . . . my ability to play, or my acuteness to ride? We all know the passion for such things is always locked in our souls and it's a hard moment when we reach the limits of that fine line and decide to turn around and head for the safety of home. Be well Brother . . .

Bobby, That's one heck of a story you have there. Proof positive that God ain't done with your talents here. That is some great and inspiring attitude you have. Perhaps that's your new mission- to spread it around. Lord knows we need more folks who can project out some positive energy. Good luck wherever you go next on this journey.

Sorry to hear about your bum ticker; must hand it to you for having such a spirited view about the whole thing

I can assure you we all have our burdens to deal with, be it health, financial or any other of the possible grief inducing circumstances available

Posts like yours always remind me to get off the rocker and cheer up...

Good luck and to good health

Alfredo

You are a wise man. I guess we all have to start giving up things we enjoy as our age increases and/or health decreases. The great thing about life is that, while you can never replace the particular joy you had in rinding, there is still an abundance of undiscovered simple pleasures out there. I pray you find your next one soon.

Bobby, thanks for sharing your story. May God bless you as you head along a new road. I would love to be able to play something musical, and have that to look forward to one day when my riding days end - make the most of this talent you have, and share this gift with all who will listen.

Thank you all for your replies, these times are sure made easier when empathy and compassion are in abundance and i am truly greatful to you all for your words of encouragement. And of course the courage to post in light of my gay ass looking avatar...i was just trying to make lemonade outa lemons...drives the hardley davidslo crowd crazy too...hehe. I've been a member of this group since '03, the ez board days, and there is not another group with as much passion, soul and heart as y'all...and our antics are legendary...as a matter of fact all my guitars have ridden up to 150mph with me...making them the fastest guitfiddles in these parts...if only on a technicality...cuz there are 12 year old Vai/Satriani clones all over u-toob that can really smoke ! But its like our bikes, it aint all about the speed...i suspect even warchild has calm moments under 100. My biggest disappointment is not getting to meet more of you and taking a spin together...i'm a lone wolf rider by choice but maybe i can make one of the bigger get togethers, SFO or something and i really want to go to Indy this year as i've never seen MotoGP in the flesh and have been a fan since the Kenny Roberts days...i even considered repainting my RD250 yellow and black back in '76 but wrecked it before it came to fruition.

If one has to live in the wind vicariously, i consider myself the luckiest armchair pilot on the planet to have y'all as friends ! Again my sincere thanks and love to everyone and live to ride !

Blessings,

Bobby

Bobby,

Thanks for your kind & passionate update...you are what makes this Board Special and sure you will continue to do so.

Keep your Passion and Your Heart... a Rolling Stone gathers No Moss.

Blessings to You!

Bobby,

Sorry to hear your story, but good to hear you're going to quit riding. As least for now.

As much as I love to ride, (and I do) if I had to decide between riding and playing, I'd be playing for sure.

Hang in there.

Bob

Buy yourself a liquor-sickle that doesn't require a gliding permit. Ride it to your local motocross track where you stash a YZ-450F and continue riding your ass off. The only thing you'll kill when your heart stops is a tree or a hay bail. Just a thought!

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do (or not do). Definitely hang around here and harass the crazies.

Any chance the doc can wire that ticker-kicker with a on-demand pushbutton? Guitar playing attracts the chiks, and I bet firing off a blast from the ticker-kicker at that "special moment" would have them lining up for encore performances.

:D

Buy yourself a liquor-sickle that doesn't require a gliding permit. Ride it to your local motocross track where you stash a YZ-450F and continue riding your ass off. The only thing you'll kill when your heart stops is a tree or a hay bail. Just a thought!

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do (or not do). Definitely hang around here and harass the crazies.

Any chance the doc can wire that ticker-kicker with a on-demand pushbutton? Guitar playing attracts the chiks, and I bet firing off a blast from the ticker-kicker at that "special moment" would have them lining up for encore performances.

:D

WISE WORDS.