Putting more "Sport" into the looks of an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvey Mushman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was sick of the lack of riding due to snow, intense rains, and epic cold this spring so I thought I'd get out the saw. When I ride any distance I put on my saddlebags, factory trunk, and V-Stream windshield. I always hated the large black plastic tail section so that was the first thing to go. I knew that I'd never use my stock windshield so that got cut and dremeled. I'm pretty happy with the looks for short hops around town. The wind in my face feels good. Besides, it takes under 10 minutes to bolt everything back on for a longer ride. What a great multi purpose bike!

5-17-11SortFJRshield004.jpg

5-17-11SortFJRshield003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now all ya gotta do is head to the store, git ya some Krylon black gloss paint, do that little wind screen, and it will look awesome! ;)

Looks awesome, but you need to drop the bars down a couple inches. Go full sport.

Now all ya gotta do is head to the store, git ya some Krylon black gloss paint, do that little wind screen, and it will look awesome! ;)
I'd go silver or chrome on the windscreen.

FYYFF! Hahahaha! Tell us how ya really feel! Seriously though, that does look a lot more sportbike-ish, but you'll definately get your back soaked if it rains. I cut off just the little reflector at the bottom of the fender and it made a big difference, I get spray all over the topcase now.

Nice vision Harvey!! That flat tail section certainly isn't the most attractive feature of the bike....makes a huge difference with it gone.

Not an option for me tho, living on a dirt road & all!

Hi all,

I was sick of the lack of riding due to snow, intense rains, and epic cold this spring so I thought I'd get out the saw. When I ride any distance I put on my saddlebags, factory trunk, and V-Stream windshield. I always hated the large black plastic tail section so that was the first thing to go. I knew that I'd never use my stock windshield so that got cut and dremeled. I'm pretty happy with the looks for short hops around town. The wind in my face feels good. Besides, it takes under 10 minutes to bolt everything back on for a longer ride. What a great multi purpose bike!

5-17-11SortFJRshield004.jpg

5-17-11SortFJRshield003.jpg
An FZ1 would have been cheaper, faster and already look like this. :eek:

And 100+ lbs. lighter....but he wouldn't be able to swap on a V-stream shield, fjr bags and topcase on an FZ1 either. Jus' sayin.