PYC Polar Bears Jump 01/01

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowmonkey

Reaction score
Meet up for Snohomish area and northend riders.

Join us Tuesday at noon and watch the Pilchuck Yacht Club members and other assorted drunks in costume jump into the Pilchuck river.

Every year on New Years day we ride out to Doc's Tavern in Machias to witness this spectacle. It's a great way to start the New Year with polar bears, bowl games, beer and potluck.

I'll stop by. Planning on putting on some miles tomorrow and take advantage of the break in storms. Heck, it should be above freezing by lunch. ;)

--G

Brrr...cold ride and likely a bit icy in the morning on my driveway and road out of my hood, as it was today.

I'll have a cold beer tomorrow instead to mark the occasion. :)

Brrr...cold ride and likely a bit icy in the morning on my driveway and road out of my hood, as it was today.
I'll have a cold beer tomorrow instead to mark the occasion. :)
Well, the last two days the Puget monsoons actually let up a bit. Enough for dry roads...snuck in a couple of putts... even though the new machine says it was 41 on Monday, and up to the high forties, today...

Managed to log 150 plus, but have established 40 as my minumum ambient riding temp.....each year I get colder.....

BTW...the "Freedom" gloves at REI work really well.

Also, sighted a new 2008 at the Smokey Point cycle barn on Monday....though they were closed (wish I had known...)

50 degrees and a slight overcast..., it was a great day for a ride. 32 bikes including 2 FJRs showed up at Doc's Tavern on tuesday to watch about 100 souls brave the mighty Pilchuck. Click Polar Bears for more details.

There's an '07 & an '08 FJR at Adventure Motorsports in Monroe......

as well as a beautiful orange 'Busa. (sigh)