Question:Sena 30k Experiences

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't care about more than 2-way intercom and audio multitasking, then the 20s will work well for you. The 20s will do everything you need without the mesh feature, and it sounds like the battery will last longer than the 30k. My 20s would go 8-10 hours using music and intercom at the same time.

I can't believe that the 30k doesn't allow audio multitasking when in mesh mode. My group switched to the Cardo PackTalk because the group intercom on the 20s is terrible. The PackTalk allows us to each listen to music separately (from the phone or FM radio) and also hear GPS prompts when in mesh mode. We switched because half the group refused to spend more money on Sena products, and now I am glad that we didn't chance it with the 30k...

I cannot get my 30K to do anything on mesh except intercom. In order to listen to music, GPS, text alerts, etc. I have to turn OFF the mesh and turn ON the bluetooth intercom network. Again, I wish Sena would focus on the few simple things most riders need and stop complicating their products. As my first experience with wireless comms on a motorcycle, the 30K is a giant FAIL.

so you can't hear your music, or others can not hear it ??

In order to listen to music, GPS, text alerts, etc. I have to turn OFF the mesh and turn ON the bluetooth intercom network

In my experience, you have two choices:

1. Turn on mesh and have crystal clear intercoms with other 30K users. That's it.

2. Turn off mesh and turn on bluetooth and have really good intercoms with anyone else with any other headset PLUS enjoy your music, GPS, phone calls, text messages or anything else you get by bluetooth. And sometimes that doesn't work, either.

To me, it's false advertising or at least very misleading. Why can't I have BOTH, Sena?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a factory reset or you may have a defective unit or are doing something wrong. That's not the way it's supposed to work and mine works fine. In mesh or bluetooth mode I get my phone and everything from it as normal.

Buddy has a schuberth with the 30K built in......I have SMH=10.......we finally got them paired and gabbed for two hours on the ride.....