%#&*&@ Rain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the that area yesterday and saw two FJRs' one in Snohomish blue Gen II with a rider in a florescent vest and another Gen 1 near Carpenter Road. I didn't get a good look I was moving pretty good. I saw several Honda ST's and even an old Triumph Circa late 60's. The roads had a lot of mud on them and where pretty slick

escapefjrtist, once those slow cars get between us, there is just no way to catch up.

snowmonkey, thats a great set of roads!

happyPuppy, George [escapefjrtist] and I are both '06' blue and no high florescent vests. Might have been Hudson. That black looks blue from a distance or speed.

Saw a silver FJR on the Fall City/Redmond road today. Thought it might have been my buddy Jay H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was a rare sunny day for a March weekend. Colleen and I did the South Prairie, Electron, Kapowsin-Ohop, Yelm, on into Olympia bit. Our excuse was to recon the Deschutes Dam which we found and were too lazy to photograph, but easy to get back to...The road along Kapowsin and Ohop lakes is good fun, but the surface is rough.

Caught some good hail just before getting home to add a little spice to the ride.

that was me in the orange vest out towards machias, it was actually a good day for a ride, rode 250 miles on saturday. jimf

I was in the that area yesterday and saw two FJRs' one in Snohomish blue Gen II with a rider in a florescent vest and another Gen 1 near Carpenter Road. I didn't get a good look I was moving pretty good. I saw several Honda ST's and even an old Triumph Circa late 60's. The roads had a lot of mud on them and where pretty slick

Jim, can't beleive we didn't see ya.

We were all over that country. 530 to Darrington, Mtn Loop Hwy towards White Chuck until the snow stoped us, Jordon Rd to Granite Falls for lunch, then all those great little back roads [Robe-Menzel, Carpenter, Newberry, etc.] to Monroe, High Bridge Rd to home.

Hope to meet ya on the road this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo:

Today I made a lap around San Juan Island again.

Weather depending I could be outta here next week-end to visit with a Son (coming in from Alaska) in either Mt. Vernon or Bothel (I have kids in both of those places).

Again, depending on the weather, I may hang out and ride again on Sunday. If it all comes together I would like to meet up with some of you.

Any takers?

Dave

<_< Really???

I ll take rain and the chance to get my bike dirty any day over this...

IMG_3776.jpg

<_< Really???
I ll take rain and the chance to get my bike dirty any day over this...

IMG_3776.jpg
I'm trying to decide whether you're one of those guys that leaves his Christmas light up all year or maybe the photo is not from yesterday? :rolleyes:

I don't doubt you still have snow on the ground though. Heck, we even got snow on the westside of WA a week ago. Crazy weather for us. Now it's back to normal with nice warm 40 degrees morning commutes while it's raining. :yahoo:

Thats one of the coolest thing about living over in the East side of Oregon. I work in Portland and drive home every weekend and it seems as though the rain is blocked at The Dalles. That must be why the trees end there too. I've driven back and forth for over 52 weeks and only 4 times did it not rain when i went through Casade Locks. That has got to be the wettest place in Oregon.