Reached another FJR Milestone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Lookie here!

300k3.jpg

What's the big friggin deal you ask? That doesn't look all that significant? 79k miles?!?! Pfffft!

Well, that exact odometer reading is HUGELY significant to me. With that odometer reading, I have now ridden 300,000 miles on FJRs!!! :yahoo:

I put 226,675 miles on my beloved FJR#1 before it's demise. :( And bought this current one, FJR#2, with 5945 miles on the odometer back in 2006. So, for you math idjits like RadioHowie out there, 226,675 + (79,270 - 5,945) = 300,000!!!

A little over 8 years ago, back on August 23, 2003 when I picked up my first FJR brand new from the dealership, I never, ever, ever, had any inkling of the roller coaster ride this bike, forum, and community would take me on. What an adventure, and in many ways, life changing experience it has been. Lots of highs. A few lows. Tons of adventure, fellowship, comraderie, and of course RIDING.

Thanks everybody.

I just hope there is another 300k in both myself, and my FJRS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great accomplishment, and testament to You and the FJR. I hope you go another 300,000 no problems. Nice post to remind us the longevity of the bike and the determination of you.

I am envious.

Probably 20 thousand dollars in gasoline.

Maybe 1500, 2000 dollars in oil and filters.

Somewhere between 5 and ten thousand dollars in rear tires, probably 4 to 6 thousand in fronts.

I'm starting to see why I don't have those kind of miles . . . . . .

Somewhere between 5 and ten thousand dollars in rear tires, probably 4 to 6 thousand in fronts.

Well Walt, SkootyG does save some money by mooching his beer off of his Bastard Step Pappy!!!

Well done Skoot, of course we know those kind of numbers can only be reached on the superior 04 FJR.

Have to agree this place has made many a new friendship and destinations.

You saved a ton of dough (AND had a ton more fun) vs. 300k in a cage! ;)

We should all be so lucky to drop the cage and ride the bike. (I can only try in Minnesota)

\

A little over 8 years ago, back on August 23, 2003 when I picked up my first FJR brand new from the dealership, I never, ever, ever, had any inkling of the roller coaster ride this bike, forum, and community would take me on. What an adventure, and in many ways, life changing experience it has been. Lots of highs. A few lows. Tons of adventure, fellowship, comraderie, and of course RIDING.

Thanks everybody.

I just hope there is another 300k in both myself, and my FJRS.
Congrats Greg!

You also have 2 top 10 finishes in the IBR...

BUTT what about the "Virgin" and the 2-tone newbie?

What are they... Chopped Liver?

May you ride many, MANY more miles...

Great milestone Greg. :clapping:

I'm still only between 90k and 100k on my two FJRs...but then again I don't commute on the bike and I do 90% of my riding in the spring and fall...and I don't have Beemerdons to pay for my beer. :)

Nah, he did that mileage on two rears and a front tire.

I thought you were showing us you finally did a 106 mile trip. :lol:

Seriously congrats on the miles & smiles :clapping:

Mucho kudo's to ya Greg. What a testament to what one can do and on such a great bike as the FJR. I would have to take way more pain meds to even think about that many miles...Keep up the good work! Painman. <>< :good: