"Real Ales Of Oregon" Tour - Summer 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkHogNeato

Reaction score
Hey all!

It's time to start thinking about rides for summer 2013, and some of us have decided to schedule the "Real Ales Of Oregon" Tour. The idea is that all participants will congregate at a time & location (to be determined), and over the course of a long weekend we'll cruise to areas with popular craft breweries, sample the fare, spend the night, then hit the next location the following day, of course taking the long way to get there. One idea is to meet and start in Medford on a Friday afternoon/evening, then hit either Eugene or Corvallis on Saturday, Portland on Sunday, then everyone scatters on Monday. Pub crawls will be scheduled and mapped out at each location.

If we get a good number of participants I will reach out to the selected pubs and area motels for consideration, and there will, of course, be ride t-shirts for sale. We've got about 6 on the roster so if you're in let us know and we'll add you.

Thanks and we hope to see you there!

Ink

Depending on the selected weekend - I am in.

Some favorite places of mine in the Gorge are Stevenson Brewery, FullSail, and a quick jaunt southeast lands you in Bend for a some Deschuttes too. Just sayin.

Sounds awesome. I won't know how far in I'll be until the dates are final and closer, but I'll make an effort for sure.

This sounds like my kind of ride!

I'll keep a close eye on this thread and make a final decision when a date is announced.

Thanks!

Brian

Im intrested, depends on the dates, keeping an eye on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on timing, sounds like fun. Haven't even begun mapping out my summer...guess it's time to start!

Planning a Northwest tour between July 13-27... if dates coincide, would love meet up with ya nutters.
cool.png

You don't say, huh? Routes done or still in the planning stages?

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on timing, sounds like fun. Haven't even begun mapping out my summer...guess it's time to start!

Planning a Northwest tour between July 13-27... if dates coincide, would love meet up with ya nutters.
cool.png

--G
Right now, we've narrowed it down to dates so my friend, Sally (from the UK), can join us... totally in the planning stages and open to suggestions from my PNW friends. B)

cool.png

--G
Right now, we've narrowed it down to dates so my friend, Sally (from the UK), can join us... totally in the planning stages and open to suggestions from my PNW friends.
cool.png
Happy to help in whatever way we can! Summer typically begins July 5th so at least the sun "should" be shining by then.
no.gif

--G

Just noticed this post as I was snooping in the virtual PNW.

Hate to admit it, but Oregon has some fine brews.

Hope to be in Idaho/Montana around then, so this would be a good fit.

Thanks.

Al
cold.gif

Eugene to Bend has some great roads, and there is the opportunity for quite the "pub crawl" in Bend. Eugene has some really lovely craft brew places, and lots of variety. I would be more than happy to scout some of that for this ride, should that be necessary...