Really starting to love this bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscott

Reaction score
Just got back from a 350 miler. Last weekend was a little over 600. The bike is awesome! Some of you may know I bought a used 04 model that had 9920 miles on it. It had been sitting for pretty much a year, and came with quite a few problems. I was working on it everyday, and getting tired of it. But, thanks to you guys, and the wealth of info available here, I now have a great riding, dependable machine! Time for an oil change, a new set of rubber, and many more miles!

P7250552.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't get any better than that! Glad you persevered and got through the early "fix it up" stage to where you can now sit back and enjoy the positive aspects of the ride.

Don

Funny how a twist of the grip on an FJR can make the whole world seem a bit nicer! ;)

If your not going to mount your new rubber yourself, I highly recommend Two Brothers tires in Lawrenceville, great to do business with. Just think your new hoops will be broke in on the ride home. Give them a call 770-963-7374. Just a satisfied customer no affiliation.

Hi mscott,

Glad to hear that you are on the asphalt. You're right, if you own an FJR, This site is a great place to be. Get that oil changed an ENJOY!! :clapping:

Scott, you dick. You bought the same bike I have. Lets ride sometime. Tell the wife hello for me.

Well Hey there Gary! When did you get yours? Did you sell the FZ1? You know, this would be a great bike for Brian. Send me a pic or two of your bike(as well as Barbers, Road Atlanta, deals gap, ETC...)Lets definately get together when the rain quits, IF the rain quits! Call me(but stop callin me Dick) :yahoo:

No, not Howies bike :clapping:

And Yes, it is an ST1300(Pan European) top box. It also has a very bright LED third brake light integrated into the spoiler. I fabricated the mount system, then the extra support for the mount system....Should be OK now... :unsure:

It's kinda weird, but the Color rite paint I painted the top box with matches the bike nicely, but the(factory) paint on the side bags seems to be bluer??? Very noticeable in that pic....

Here's the third brake light. this is before body work/paint...

P6260397.jpg

That spoiler does look good!!! Has anyone put an after market spoiler on an OEM case? Or has anyone put a chrome luggage rack on one? If so could you post some pics please?

Lambo