Rear fender lights from hell!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I must embarrassingly admit - I like those custom FJR jackets he had made.
Actually, the jackets are available on ebay. Problem is, they are shipped from Asian countries and the shipping costs are really high.
I bought one a while back. I don't recall shipping being too outrageous, but it did take a while to receive it.

All in all it's a cool jacket. Only thing is, the zipper is backwards - the pull is on the left side instead of the right. Messes me up every damn time.

Someone got a nice deal on that '09, though. 1500 miles... I hope the new owner ups the annual mileage!
Just checked again. the jackets are around $39 and shipping is $25. Coming from Thailand. I guess it's not too bad as long as the quality is good.
The quality is about what you'd expect. The emblems and logos are all embroidered and seem decent enough. It's just the damn zipper that pisses me off. And, like I mentioned, it took a while to receive it.
A good seamstress could rip that zipper out and sew another in for ya.

I'm sold on extra running and stop lights for added safety.

After I added a Givi top case and the Ardmore light kit, I immediately noticed people following at a safer distance.

That looks like a good setup for riding without a top case.

Also, I must embarrassingly admit - I like those custom FJR jackets he had made.
Actually, the jackets are available on ebay. Problem is, they are shipped from Asian countries and the shipping costs are really high.
I bought one a while back. I don't recall shipping being too outrageous, but it did take a while to receive it.

All in all it's a cool jacket. Only thing is, the zipper is backwards - the pull is on the left side instead of the right. Messes me up every damn time.

Someone got a nice deal on that '09, though. 1500 miles... I hope the new owner ups the annual mileage!
Just checked again. the jackets are around $39 and shipping is $25. Coming from Thailand. I guess it's not too bad as long as the quality is good.
The quality is about what you'd expect. The emblems and logos are all embroidered and seem decent enough. It's just the damn zipper that pisses me off. And, like I mentioned, it took a while to receive it.
I'm not sure if it applied to zippers however traditionally buttons are 'backwards' for womens clothing... :blink:

I'm not sure if it applied to zippers however traditionally buttons are 'backwards' for womens clothing... :blink:
Actually, the jackets are designed for the AE riders. It gives them something to do with their left hand (apart from the obvious) :rolleyes:

I've been researching for ages on how to trim the 'shovel' on the back and still stay within the legalities of the law over here (The LEO's believe that a trimmed fender or the addition of an FE turns the venerable FJR into a murdercycle, and wimmen wiv babies in prams crossing the street are in extreme danger. Also, the addition - removal, of such equipment must make the bike faster. "Why else would they do it" a do-nut munching fresh faced highway patrol oinker was heard to quip).

Mt FJR is always a head of the traffic, splits the lanes....and is gone from the lights before the last LED on the "green is for Gun It" light receives power.

Pass.

It rains alot here in the deep south and I abhor that dirty line up my back.

3134530703_7032087184.jpg

3134530705_7e90ab0986.jpg

Also cool where he put the front LEDs. Took me a couple looks to find them. Would love to see them lit up at night.
I've had one of those jackets for 3 years-good quality. It was around $55 from the far east on ebay.