Thinking Outside the Box--A New Kind of Light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My real concern was if there were any kind of legal issues that might attract unwanted attention. Any of you LEOs, (esp. Cali ones) have a thought? I don't think this is a hot enforcement priority. I'm pretty sure the maximum number of forward-facing lights you can legally have on a motorcycle is four, and dual headlights like the FJR's count as one. I have a total of five with my Clearwaters. Never been an issue for me. Hard to imagine a cop really wanting to make an issue of that. I'm thinking the same for my bicycle back light.
That's it, I am going to jail. Total of 6 or possibly more (8) since one set has four floods.

Dave,
evilgrin.gif

On my current Neotec I ordered a length of SOLAS tape and stuck pieces of it on the back of my helmet and the fender under the license plate.
That's what I've used on my helmet, top case and other strategic areas. I used white then layered red on top of it. After a few years I should replace it, but it does still stand out. I'll try to get pics this evening.

FTL, I like the way you defiantly put your kickstand right on the no parking paint.
smile.png

Its just resting there, not parking.

Ive got a solution for the night time visibility dilemma: Dont ride at night.

You are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: