Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m a new owner of a 2014 FJRES. It only had 1500 miles on it! I’m 66 years old and mostly use it for local hops in town. I live in Cape Coral, FL. I previously owned Virago’s, Honda Shadow Aero, Road Star and last bike was a 2015 Road King. This one is a big departure from the Cruisers and full dresser. I like it so far. Looking for a red tail trunk. PM me if you have one.52241625-9506-4BCF-B01D-BA74A4223DB1.jpeg

Attachments

• D892C40B-914D-445F-B57E-BCC83B7C8BA8.jpeg
    D892C40B-914D-445F-B57E-BCC83B7C8BA8.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 39E5E7B7-0FD2-47D7-8254-BE185808A026.jpeg
    39E5E7B7-0FD2-47D7-8254-BE185808A026.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I’m a new owner of a 2014 FJRES. It only had 1500 miles on it! I’m 66 years old and mostly use it for local hops in town. I live in Cape Coral, FL. I previously owned Virago’s, Honda Shadow Aero, Road Star and last bike was a 2015 Road King. This one is a big departure from the Cruisers and full dresser. I like it so far. Looking for a red tail trunk. PM me if you have one.
1500 miles...Holy smokes! Welcome from Central Ca. Got any pictures?

Last edited:
Wow! Only 1,500 miles??? Where did you get it and what is the story behind it? That is crazy.

Congrats!

If you are looking for the Yamaha topcase, be sure to get the aluminum Yamaha rack to mount it. Other popular brands of topcase are Givi
i and Shad. If you get one of those, be sure to get the mounting bar that replaces the stock rear rack/grab bar. The FJR can have rear subframe issues if you overload it.

Last edited:
Here you go: Used 2014 Red Topcase For Sale

Personally, I was never a fan of the Yamaha 39l topcase as I linked to above. I didn't like the way it looked or the lack of interior volume. I think the Givi V47 in carbon fiber looks better. I do like the newer Yamaha 50l topcase.

If you purchase the above, as I said earlier, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the aluminum Yamaha rack to mount it. That black mounting piece shown is just not good enough for the rear subframe issues.

Wow! Only 1,500 miles??? Where did you get it and what is the story behind it? That is crazy.

Congrats!

If you are looking for the Yamaha topcase, be sure to get the aluminum Yamaha rack to mount it. Other popular brands of topcase are Give and Shad. If you get one of those, be sure to get the mounting bar that replaces the stock rear rack/grab bar. The FJR can have rear subframe issues if you overload it.
I found it in Cape Coral. 5 miles from where I live. $8750.00. I don’t mini my Road King. LOL.

I found it in Cape Coral. 5 miles from where I live. $8750.00. I don’t mini my Road King. LOL.

Incredible! So close, so new, and at a fair price.

Somewhat similarly, two years ago a guy at a Costco gas station near where I live struck up a conversation while I was fueling my '13 FJR. I ended up buying his '04 FJR with 2,900 miles. He lived only a mile away from me in Phoenix.

Here you go: Used 2014 Red Topcase For Sale

Personally, I was never a fan of the Yamaha 39l topcase as I linked to above. I didn't like the way it looked or the lack of interior volume. I think the Givi V47 in carbon fiber looks better. I do like the newer Yamaha 50l topcase.

If you purchase the above, as I said earlier, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the aluminum Yamaha rack to mount it. That black mounting piece shown is just not good enough for the rear subframe issues.
I was going to quote that thread but I saw the OP was already in it. I just don't understand why he hasn't just bought the damn thing! I liked the 39L I had for a while. It was great for short trips and around town stuff like the OP describes and my small laptop with case that I took fit perfectly in the lid so I never felt like I was wasting space. As I started taking longer trips I moved up to a Givi.