Rear Fender Mud Flap to Protect Shock and Frame! What?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K/W Motoman

Reaction score
What is the Dealeo?

Was trolling the Forum and found a thread mentioning the mudflap.

What mudflap? There is a mudflap on the ES versions but not on the A's.

The A's have the four holes already drilled on the fender but no rubber flap.

I checked the parts fiche and yes it shows on the ES but not the A.

Anyway they are not expensive but should have been original equipment.

I ordered one but it is a thumbs down to Yamaha for not making it original equipment.

This has been covered several times. The gen 3 doesnt have it but you can order it online for about $10. I dont remember the part number but im sure someone will. Boats.net is a good place to get it.

Never Ending Pointless Recurring Thread, the categor this type of repeat discussion is usually quickly consigned to.

K/W, I don't know the answer to your question, but if I did, I would tell you, even if it's a NEPRT topic.

So, all the way to 2012, all the FJRs came with a mud flap between the rear wheel and the shock. GenIs, ABS, non-ABS, As, and AEs. In, I think, 2013, people started noticing the flap was missing. Then in 14 when the ES came out, the ES had one and the A didn't. Since the first ones that started showing up without them, owners (Forum members) have either made their own, or just ordered and installed one, if their's was missing. I think a few people even got a free flap from the dealer, almost like Yamaha had forgotten to put it in the crate. As much road spooge gets into those pivot points, a mud flap is something I would not go without.

Your opinion may vary.