Rear View Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJB

Reaction score
I replaced my stock mirors withthe 2008 Black mirrors. They screw in and work great. Any one else done this. The fit is almost perfect, the 2003 cockpit has some gaps now that were covered by the old rubber gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall anyone doing that, but its been discussed here that the bolt pattern is the same. Many of us (Especially those of us who have inherited "wide-body" genes) have opted for the FZ-1 mirrors for a wider placement of the mirror head for better rearward viewing.

One added bonus you should get is that the Gen II mirrors might block some of the wind and act like hand guards for Winter riding.

I replaced my stock mirors withthe 2008 Black mirrors. They screw in and work great. Any one else done this. The fit is almost perfect, the 2003 cockpit has some gaps now that were covered by the old rubber gasket.
How about some pics ?

How about some pics ?
If I can figure out how to up load them I will take some today before I leave for my trip to Penn. for work.

Here's an RP11 in its RP13 look. It did help that this Euro 2005 bike was the same color (Silver Storm) as the 2006 mirrors that were quickly transplanted on

it. Beside the mirrors, you'll need to order the two rubber seals (3P6-26299-00-00) that go between the fairing and the mirrors. The inside rubber mounts are the same.

Stef

DSCF1331.JPG

They look very nice on your '03. An added benefit to the FZ-1 mirrors, if you are in a tight spot the mirrors are wider than the side bags and act like whiskers. If you can fit the mirrors thru the rest of the bike will follow unscathed.

cadman

How much $? I like the look. Don't know if it's worth the $ though!