Recent rider's review on the FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? What about all of these guys?

(I just googled "Motorcycle racing photos" and didn't have to look too far...

2012-motorcycle-racing-schedules-1.jpg

633848975702305841peris_ra.jpg

2011-althea-ducati-and-unibat-for-2012-world-superbike-1.jpg

n504861_pedrosa_26.original-1024x768.jpg

Hodgson-Honda-AMASB.jpg

5482.jpg

ad1fbc34d9404a7cfa32b84c36bf51ae.jpg

And this guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing:

Valentino-Rossi-Assen-Quali.jpg

FWIW, I find it more comfortable as I can support more of my weight on the pegs. Though I do move my feet around (forward and back) when just cruising.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot say in an open forum. I must say CYCLE that the experience, NATION other than my CANTONunwitting low pressure dance with death, was GEORGIA excellent. I guess I should look elsewhere for service.....
<hijack> Mountain Motorsports; I can vouch for everyone in the service department at the Marietta store. I have no financial interest direct or indirect, I'm just a customer with their pre-paid service plan who rode LOTS more miles in that one year than they expected. < end hijack>

... now back to the current thread hijack.

In my opinion and that of some pretty good riding instructors, the best foot position is ball of the foot on the pegs with some downward pressure. Hug the tank with your knees/thighs. There is a reason sport and sport touring bike tanks have that concave shape. Unless you are physically handicapped I see no reason to have your toes pointing downward as an excuse to quickly reach the brake or shifter. My vote is for what Fred W stated!!

Really? What about all of these guys?
(I just googled "Motorcycle racing photos" and didn't have to look too far...

And this guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing:

FWIW, I find it more comfortable as I can support more of my weight on the pegs. Though I do move my feet around (forward and back) when just cruising.
Well, we can find pictures of anything we want. I have watched thousands of hours of racing. In a race, you are almost always accelerating or braking. You are almost constantly going up and down the gearbox. You can't do that or brake if your toes are on the pegs. They can be seen with the balls of their feet on the pegs for sure, but they truly don't spend most of their time like that. There is simply no real reason to for street riding, It just puts my knees into more of a bend and gets uncomfortable fast. I can put the pegs in the arch of my foot and stand on the pegs all I want. Tiptoe around like that on a dirt bike and you are probably going to get hurt.

Good to hear. Tell them to put air in new bike tires. And let them know that this morning, during my 600 mile service, which i observed from a stool nearby, the front axle was found to be loose. Great buying experiende. But they rate an F at setting up/assembling stock. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Uncle Hud" data-cid="1191114" data-time="1415469226"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bill Lumberg" data-cid="1190678" data-time="1415299125"><p>I cannot say in an open forum. I must say <span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='color: rgb(255,160,122)'>CYCLE </span></span>that the experience, <span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='color: rgb(255,160,122)'>NATION </span></span>other than my <span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='color: rgb(255,160,122)'>CANTON</span></span>unwitting low pressure dance with death, was<span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='color: rgb(255,160,122)'> GEORGIA</span></span> excellent. I guess I should look elsewhere for service.....</p></blockquote>

<br />

<hijack> Mountain Motorsports; I can vouch for everyone in the service department at the Marietta store. I have no financial interest direct or indirect, I'm just a customer with their pre-paid service plan who rode LOTS more miles in that one year than they expected. < end hijack><br />

<br />

... now back to the current thread hijack.</p></blockquote>

Mods- I cannot edit posts. Please delete prev due to trash html. Hud- missed the Marietta part. Thanks for the tip.