Relay - Initial Arcin' and Sparkin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Adding aux lights to Wabs. Purchased BXEEF JD191E-1513 relay. Pins 85/86 are primary side. Connect to battery to test before installing in remote location under cowling.

Nothing but arcing and sparking. Easily a 10 amp draw. Reverse polarity, knowing it shouldn't matter, but WTFO let's try. Same arc welding results.

Drive back to town, go to different auto parts store. Guess what, all they have is the identical part number / relay. Ask parts guy to go across primary. Same results, arc welding.

Go back to original parts house. The counter guy draws arc welds. Reverses leads, arc welds again.

Now for the cliff hanger.

Parts person reverses leads again, connect up and let's it remain connected for a good 4 or 5 seconds.

Works perfectly after that

Any theories / ideas?

TIA

Mine did the same thing , someday I'll get out the can opener and see what is inside......Guess could look up spec sheet from PB...Or is it Bosch

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something in the Creston vortex is out of adjustment. Make sure your tin foil hat is properly oriented north and south.

I just tried it with a #2613 relay and it works fine in Oregon.

Final installation and it's working.

I'm gonna escape the Creson Vortex and take it with me to La Pine.

Sharing is Caring. :rofl: