Remembering Andrew

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Andrew's ride reports...they were always epic in word and photograph. Check them out.

I love barns and cows too...

DLIMDILACROSSEWITRIP021.jpg

TWN was what made the boards fun when I first learned about online boards after I bought my bike...razzing anybody and everybody. I met Tim briefly at NAFO, and for the brief minute or two we spent talking during that busy registration process, he made a point of asking about my elderly dad who lives in nearby Goleta, CA. He was the gremlin that cared.

I never rode with either of them, but always thought I would get the chance someday.

Can't believe that two years have passed since we read that terrible news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Andrew but we often talked via PM. He was going to bring home made salsa to the December campout at KahunaJawdge's place.
RIP Orangevale.
Yeah, he had been here a mere month before! He was an Air Force Vet that had served in the Azores as I remember? He had loved to play soccer back then. RIP

Newly to the forum, I was not aware of this gentlemen..however after Dcarver made this post, I became curious and looked into the reasonings behind it.

I must say, I spent 2hrs, into the night about 1:30am, reading the entire thread post that started on 11/10/07, and Warchilds post with the thumbs-up salute..truly epic.

Not to rehash, but it made me think a whole lot, as AK, and I are the same age. Put's alot into perspective. It's always great to know great human beings, be it postumusly or current. It also, gave me a greater appreciation and insight into the wonderful people on this forum, because you are the ones he chose to share with (pashnit) included.

I am inclined to go back and read some of his ride reports.

Legacy never goes away, and never forgotten; it is passed along for all to learn, share and appreciate.

Newly to the forum, I was not aware of this gentlemen..however after Dcarver made this post, I became curious and looked into the reasonings behind it.
I must say, I spent 2hrs, into the night about 1:30am, reading the entire thread post that started on 11/10/07, and Warchilds post with the thumbs-up salute..truly epic.

Not to rehash, but it made me think a whole lot, as AK, and I are the same age. Put's alot into perspective. It's always great to know great human beings, be it postumusly or current. It also, gave me a greater appreciation and insight into the wonderful people on this forum, because you are the ones he chose to share with (pashnit) included.

I am inclined to go back and read some of his ride reports.

Legacy never goes away, and never forgotten; it is passed along for all to learn, share and appreciate.
Good on you, Remington, O'vales RR's are still the best written and photographed. It will be time well spent.
I rode 400+ today in tribute. Ahh, better now.

I guess it's been a tough week. I log on to the forum and catch Carter's post here, and get all choked up. :bye2:

Andrew.jpg

Life can be so bitter sweet, as Andrew showed us both in spades...

I guess it's been a tough week. I log on to the forum and catch Carter's post here, and get all choked up. :bye2:

Life can be so bitter sweet, as Andrew showed us both in spades...
Wow, Sam. Same thoughts here. I remember that ride and that lunch stop in Markleeville (my back's to the camera directly behind Andrew). I was still living in Gardnerville (much has changed since then), and had actually met Andrew either on that ride or the one before, following a winter in which he and I had talked motorcycles over the phone lines across the Sierras. I think it may have been on the same ride, and maybe you even snapped the pic that is most lodged in my mind of Andrew at that turnout just east of the summit on Monitor Pass. Hey, except for Toecutter and Rogdeb, you could almost call that summer's rides chapter meetings of the '05 FJR owners' club.

I miss Andrew, was thinking about him not being along on the trip to Nakusp in June, see landmarks around here all the time that remind me of him, and find it hard to believe that he's been gone 2 years already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode 400+ today in tribute. Ahh, better now.
You inspired me Don - the mercury soared up to almost 40 (F) here today but the sun was shining and the roads were clear so I ripped off a 250 mile loop through the north Okanagan in the middle of the day to honor our buddy Andrew. Tomorrow all the fluids and filters will get changed for the long winter layover.

It was a mellow ride through some beautiful mountain valleys - I took the time to look at all the barns and cows I could find! Not too many roses to smell but lots of bovine by-product!

Rest easy O'V - but maybe you'd better start wearing a cup... :blinksmiley:

Although I never met Andrew in person, I had several enjoyable telephone converstations with him just after becoming a member of the forum. He was very helpful in helping me post pictures and other forum related skills. He always invited me to stay at his place if I was in the area, and I really appreciated his hospitality. Like the rest of you I was very shocked at the passing of such a nice person and have trouble with the reality that he is gone. Gone but not forgotten.

I remeber the time Andrew "talked" me into a ticket North of Sacramento. I would glad take another if he were around to ride with again.

Barry

I remeber the time Andrew "talked" me into a ticket North of Sacramento. I would glad take another if he were around to ride with again.
Barry
Now there is as story I want to hear over Makers Mark and Ceegar..

Yah, I remember them both. <_<

Sometimes the world just doesn't seem right.

oh boy.

edit: gosh, your post is really interesting. I never really thought about it like that before now.

I never met Andrew,but he made a big impact on my life.I never owned a camera until I read O'vale and Sherrie's Avenue of the Giants ride report.It is a classic.I now have hundreds of pics on my computer of The Beartooth Pass,Going To The Sun Road,Million Dollar Highway,Trail Ridge Road,Snowy Range Road and dozens of other interesting roads that I have traveled...and not one of them would be there if it wasn't for Andrew.

I get a lot of pleasure out of pulling up these pics and looking them over every once in a while.I have even had 4 of them blown up to 20x16 prints.

Thanks Andrew.

Thanks DC ! We all miss him and them and I'm just damn glad I can be part of We...What a SHORT strange trip its been...I'm blessed to know y'all...now if they'll just give me a key so I can get these handcuffs unhooked from the leg shackles....

Bobby

If I ever meet up with him again we're gonna have a big hug, and I'm gonna put a major smackdown on his sorry ass.

Not necessarily in that order....

Status
Not open for further replies.