replacement glass for gen II mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric cartman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well did something stupid today. I put blindspot mirrors on my stock mirrors. I didnt like them and when I tried to pull one off I broke the glass of the stock mirror $@^$%&. Anyone know if you can just replace the glass or have someplace cut me a piece for cheaper than replacement mirror? Thanks for the input. Eric

Hey everyone,
Well did something stupid today. I put blindspot mirrors on my stock mirrors. I didnt like them and when I tried to pull one off I broke the glass of the stock mirror $@^$%&. Anyone know if you can just replace the glass or have someplace cut me a piece for cheaper than replacement mirror? Thanks for the input. Eric
My guess would be any replacement glass dealer. I would call first tho.

Dave

If you heat the mirror in the oven the plastic will soften and you can pop the glass out..[don't roast it]

Having a glass shop replace the glass if it looks good I am going with that. If not another member has one I can buy. Thanks for the replies. I am also planning on making some spacers to raise the mirrors as well.

Well the good news is the spacers I made look pretty decent. The bad news is the replacement glass the glass shop made me has more magnification and has less viewing area. So going to buy a used one from another member. Its always something that screws things up. Eric