replacement triple tree / riser plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormrider

Reaction score
I read the instructions for these items and they seem more complicated than I may want to tackle, or is it really that easy?

I wonder if you drill out the ignition screws (anti tamper) and your bike gets stolen, would your insurance company give you a hassle. I would assume the dealer would do it right.

I have been entertaining the idea of just letting the dealer do the install.

Comments?

I read the instructions for these items and they seem more complicated than I may want to tackle, or is it really that easy?
I wonder if you drill out the ignition screws (anti tamper) and your bike gets stolen, would your insurance company give you a hassle. I would assume the dealer would do it right.

I have been entertaining the idea of just letting the dealer do the install.

Comments?
I had my dealer install the heli triple tree at 600 mile service interval. Did a good job per the specs. Did not use anti tamper screws, but who cares. If the bike gets stolen, who will ever question that!! Dealer was'nt sure of time to charge, so I just quoted what was either quoted by Heli or someone on this forum. Dealer (Riva in Pompano Beach, Fl) was O.K. with that. Good dealer by the way!! Very Nice!!

I've had to replace my ignition switch due to a pulled wire (bad zip tie placement during my Garmin install on my part led to this disaster.)

It was simple to replace...

1. Use a dremmel to cut slots in the heads (or, if you're really skilled, cut off the heads altogether). For me, I cut a cross in each head and used a BIG phillips to get them out.

2. Use dealer-supplied replacement bolts. They are a Yamaha part and come with a hex head extension on top that you use long enough to tighten them down into place, then "snap" off the hex part, leaving just the flush head again like before.

Cake.

Last edited by a moderator: