Return from World Superbike, SLC to PDX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg23232

Reaction score
Okay, so making the trip again to Tooele for SBK races. I have five or six days to return. Last time I went hy 50 through Nevada, then Tahoe, Sierras and Feather River Canyon), Lassen, to Eureka, Happy Camp, Oregon Caves, then home. Looking for a different route this year and thinking heading north, to Grand Teton (maybe Yellowstone...not sure about that yet), then up through Idaho to Missoula, over Lolo Pass then make for eastern Washington, hit 129 to eastern Oregon. Depending on time, I can slab it home from there (or not!). This isn't Iron Butt type riding. Scenery is the most important.

So fellow feejers, how about some road suggestions along that general way? May be dragging the tent along just to save some $$ as well.

Thanks!!

Wow, that's a big canvas. It's a bit in the wrong direction but southern Utah has some world class roads and sights. UT-12 near Bryce and Zion rivals the BRP, the Trace and the Coast Highway in my book. Geeze, on the ride back you just can't go wrong (I picked up my Feej in Issaquah). The Tetons are out of this world and your plan sounds quite good.

Drop me a PM if I can help while you're in Tooele - I'm not that far away. My place is basically a college dorm but the fridge is always stocked and I've got a barbecue.

Damn, that kind of trip would take me a couple of weeks just to sort out. Good luck with it and have fun!

"road suggestions WY, ID, MT?"

In UT: Logan to Bear Lake. If you go into WY: Ten Sleep and The Bighorns.

ID: Gray's Lake area and the 'back side' of the Tetons; Lolo Pass/Lochsa R.

MT: Madison Range; The Beaverhead; Big Hole; Bitterroot Range; Missoula

E. WA: The Palouse; The Wallowas

enjoy :)

Wow, that's a big canvas. It's a bit in the wrong direction but southern Utah has some world class roads and sights. UT-12 near Bryce and Zion rivals the BRP, the Trace and the Coast Highway in my book. Geeze, on the ride back you just can't go wrong (I picked up my Feej in Issaquah). The Tetons are out of this world and your plan sounds quite good.
Drop me a PM if I can help while you're in Tooele - I'm not that far away. My place is basically a college dorm but the fridge is always stocked and I've got a barbecue.

Damn, that kind of trip would take me a couple of weeks just to sort out. Good luck with it and have fun!
Not going to have the time to go south to Zion or Bryce but they're on the list for the future. Just trying get some back-road info from locals. Thanks for the offer, and will definitely keep it in mind.