Reverse Trike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
". . . he opens the door and says, "Give me your driver's license and $20.". . .
I'M LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Sooo . . . you bribed him? :lol:

Nah. Congratulations, NT. And on the [son] as well!
thumb-up-emoticon.gif

Does this mean we might see you at CFR 2011 in Fredericton?
Idaho Falls is MUCH closer to Denver. See you there in July.

...Next up, videos!
Soon, please.

Man, what a vehicle. I can't even begin to tell you how insanely jealous I am. Congrats on the successful registration and especially to you and the wife for the little bundle of joy on the way.

Thanks again! Yeah I'm very happy about the trike and super excited for the baby, even though I'll be 55 or 60 before he/she moves out... :blink:

I live over by the Denver International Airport. Yeah anytime is fine just shoot me a private message and I can give you my contact info whenever you are in town.

Tate

Ok guys here's rough video of my first trip out on the trike. It's not full of music and action scenes yet... :) but it at least shows you how it drives. I'll have a better more exciting video out in the next week or two once I get enough footage. Hoping to get some good mountain corners and high speed straights in the vid.

Thanks, yeah it's actually really really smooth, it takes bumps really nicely and it drives straight as an arrow down the freeway. It's comfortable and easy to drive. I'm actually a little surprised with how nice it rides, I sort of expected more of a "homemade" feel to it but not so much.

Very cool, smooth ride - looks like you got yourself a winner.

Congrats for a job well done!

I pulled into a gas station and by the time I turned the key off and got out to pump gas I had 15 people surrounding me taking pictures on their cell phones and pulling up in cars to check it out.

I took it back home to eat dinner and then back out again after dark. Driving at night is cool too but I think I need to block the back side of my headlights because a little bit of the light glares back at me so I'm going to fix that but otherwise everything went great and I can't wait to take it out again with video cameras!

WOW, what a rush!
And really, isn't that what it's all about? :coolsmiley02:

Ok guys here's rough video of my first trip out on the trike. It's not full of music and action scenes yet... :) but it at least shows you how it drives. I'll have a better more exciting video out in the next week or two once I get enough footage. Hoping to get some good mountain corners and high speed straights in the vid.

At first, it's a little disorienting to hear that familiar in-line 4 growl while looking over a cockpit. But I couldn't help but grin through this whole vid. What fun!

Well it's finally starting to get nice out so I can go ride more so I'll finally be able to get up in the canyons and get some good video of corners. I've been riding quite a bit and having a BLAST! I cannot believe the amount of attention this thing draws. People are constantly taking pictures and video of me driving down the road. Bikers that end up passing me going the same direction normally pull up and give me the thumbs up but it's funny because the bikers that are going the opposite direction don't know what to think when they see me. They see a helmet and are inclined to wave but then can't figure out what the heck they are looking at and forget to wave back at me. :lol: It's pretty funny seeing all the confused looks on people's faces until they figure out what they are looking at and then give me the thumbs up. :)

ONLY PROBLEM I'VE HAD SO FAR:

It broke down on me on the side of the highway this past Friday on the way home from work. It started sputtering and backfiring and acting really weird and then everything just went dark and it died. I pulled over and eventually a CDOT flatbed pulled up and got behind me for protection. Eventually we could not diagnose the problem but whenever I turned the key on I got zero power. Checked all the fuses and the battery still had power but no key power at all. The guy loaded me up and towed me over to a parking lot because he can't go all the way to my house.

After my wife came and towed me the rest of the way home I went straight to the computer to check the FJR forum to see if anyone has had this symptom before. The first thread I read was the one talking about the FJR ignition switches going bad... That was really my only lead at that point so I pulled the switch out and took the housing apart and sure as heck, the hot side wire was just hanging there. It had just come un-soldered so I soldered it back on and all was good! Went riding all day Saturday with my daughter!

Tate

Well done Tate! Damn fine looking machine you've got there.

I'm sure you get loads of attention while out an about :good:

Might want to get one of Brodie's ignition bypass relay harnesses to ensure you won't have the problem again. Otherwise, its just a matter of time. Great quality unit.

Well this is a bummer. It didn't open for me. My connection has been squirrelly so maybe it'll show next time I try to open it, but is this vid on YouTube or somewhere so you could link to it another way? I'd love to see this. Thx.

Latest posts