• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rich's Custom Seats (Group Buy?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
I know that the Russel and Mayer Seats are highly admired among riders but living in the Pacific Northwest, don't have the time to ride to California for a custom fit. We are lucky to have Rich's Custom seats in Kingston Washington and they seem to have some good reviews and somewhat of a following.

My concern: Will this seat allow me to get off my butt in the corners for my newly found agressive riding? (I assume I want "low" wings)

After contacting the company they said they would give a 1/2 price leather upgrade ($100) for 10 or more seats. (small discount) Anyone interested?

~ or should I save my vacation and ride to California in the Spring?

Thanks in advance.

JB

I've got one on my V-Strom, my butt is always smiling. You'll not find a better saddle than a Russel Day long. Going to get one for my FJR next. Yes, they're $$$ but worth it.

JohnnyB,

I've got my seat from Rich's last week, let me tell you, I don't regret the 600 bucks I've paid (I got the leather upgrade and stuff, so that added to the price). My butt is in heaven, my ride home was about 2.5 hours, I had chosen the extra long route, using hwy 3, instead sr16 here on the peninsula, my bike behaved way better, my butt didn't scream, and I jumped after this time off my bike and didn't have the usual leg/hip pain, priceless.

You won't regret it, apart from it, Rich is awesome, he's super cool, you are during the entire production of your seat present, and test sit and ride your bike as many times as its needed to make that seat fit your butt.

Regarding your aggressive riding, the wings on my seat didn't bother me a bit, as I'm too do lots of butt shifting, hanging myself in to my bike, no problems there.

I'll get my wife a seat from Rich's for her CanAm, no questions asked.....

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyB,

I've got my seat from Rich's last week, let me tell you, I don't regret the 600 bucks I've paid (I got the leather upgrade and stuff, so that added to the price). My butt is in heaven, my ride home was about 2.5 hours, I had chosen the extra long route, using hwy 3, instead sr16 here on the peninsula, my bike behaved way better, my butt didn't scream, and I jumped after this time off my bike and didn't have the usual leg/hip pain, priceless.

You won't regret it, apart from it, Rich is awesome, he's super cool, you are during the entire production of your seat present, and test sit and ride your bike as many times as its needed to make that seat fit your butt.

Regarding your aggressive riding, the wings on my seat didn't bother me a bit, as I'm too do lots of butt shifting, hanging myself in to my bike, no problems there.

I'll get my wife a seat from Rich's for her CanAm, no questions asked.....
thanks for the reply, I am exicted to get 8 more riders to jump on the bandwagon. $600 seems real fair. I thought it was $800 (or is that for both seats?) My wife is enjoying riding with me as much as I enjoy taking her for a ride!! We did the Hoods Canal Bridge run (came back 101 through Shelton) Another weekend- Forest Service Road 25 (Mt. St. Helens) run, then the next week- Mt. Raineer.... After 7 hours of riding both of our BUTTS are screaming. Nice to hear you're happy.

Sure enjoying the bike in general but the stock seat does burn after hours. ;)

Admin Note: Moved to the proper section for Group/Self Buys

Please observe the constraints that are part of this section

thanks for the reply, I am exicted to get 8 more riders to jump on the bandwagon. $600 seems real fair. I thought it was $800 (or is that for both seats?) My wife is enjoying riding with me as much as I enjoy taking her for a ride!! We did the Hoods Canal Bridge run (came back 101 through Shelton) Another weekend- Forest Service Road 25 (Mt. St. Helens) run, then the next week- Mt. Raineer.... After 7 hours of riding both of our BUTTS are screaming. Nice to hear you're happy.

Yes I'd say the 800 is for both seats, since I had just my seat done would drop the price. I hear ya, we rode, Hurricane Ridge, Sunrise, Lake Crescent and Ocean Shores with our RC, Each 200+ mile runs, and my butt had it.i love this bike a lot, compared to the GSX650F I used to have its just all I'm asking for with the FJR. You won't regret it mate. One hint though, if you have already the Top Box, put it on when you go to his shop, because your wife will have to sit the way you'd go with the box on, else he cannot truly shape her seat.

He wasn't happy with me, as I'm using the smuggler, which took away a inch, as he'd loved to push me a tad more to the rear of the seat, since I'm 6'4". I'll fix this with the lowering kit from MCL for the pegs though, so he could rest his case.

Rich doesn't like to high position, so he will likely build your seat up, keeping the pan in the low position, worked perfect for me.

You can count me in, well my wife's CanAm that is, but anyways, since I plan to get one for her from Rich's, makes sense to group up for it.