Ride with Papa Chuy to San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico; ese

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.sancarlosplaza.com.mx/where_are_we.htm BUMP REMINDER: Five weeks from today, Arizona FJR Forum is riding to San Carlos, Mexico. Fiesta, Baile! Ai!
Gorgeous hotel and beautiful Los Algodones beach for Friday and Saturday nights. Stay at either Magdalena or Rocky Point Sunday night; your guys call on this one!

NOTE: If you haven't obtained your Passport yet, you'll need to file for expedited one. Call/Post Papa Chuy at 480-440-4666 or [email protected] for the details!
BUMP REMINDER! If you need more info about the ride, come to Arizona FJR Forum Ride-to-Eat on Wednesday, March 24 at Buffalo Wild Wings; in Gilbert at McQueen!

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP REMINDER! Vamanos mis Amigos, we ride at dawn week from manana to beautiful San Carlos! Mas Fiesta y Mas Caminos y Mas Amigos! Suerte, Arriba! Tequila!

https://www.sancarlosplaza.com.mx/ Mis amigos; montamos el Sur para mucho Gloria y Exploracion; y mucho cerveza y posole, hombres!
We Arizona FJR Forum Members ride South to Mexico for Fun and Fiesta, mis compadres! Friday through Sunday, April 9-11, we'll be staying at the muy bonita San Carlos Plaza Hotel and Resort. This Palacio is gorgeous, great swimming and drinking! Muy bonita La Playa, great margaritas!

We will rendezvous on Friday morning, 4/9/10, at 0700 hours at the CITGO Station located at Picacho Peak on Interstate 10 at Exit 219.

Promptly at 0730 it is kickstands up and clutches out. From Picacho Peak to San Carlos is almost 400 miles: Mi moto es muy rapido, ese!

I always use https://www.mexpro.com for my Mexico Motorcycle Insurance, they've always treated Papa Chuy right and I did have a claim once!

Here are some websites to show you the incredible beauty of San Carlos and the Coastal Mountain Range: https://www.vivasancarlos.com https://www.virtualmex.com/sancarlos/pictures.htm and https://www.sancarlosmexico.com NOTE: Since tu Papa Chuy is retired, I do not plan on crossing the border on Sunday. I'm going out sportfishing on Sunday AM, anyone else enjoying saltwater fishing is welcome to join me!

When I return from fishing midday, I plan on only riding to Magdalena for the night. Will cross over into Estados Unidos at Noon on 4/12!

Hey, Don, stop at the San Carlos Marina, Barracuda Bob's and say hi to Jan Rains, the owner. Jan is a very long time friend and an amazingly warm and generous person. She has been in SC for about 11 years and really is connected to it. Say hi from Ralph & Marianne from Portland.

Enjoy that wonderful place! And ride up to the fish camps at La Manga for some really good food!

Hey, Don, stop at the San Carlos Marina, Barracuda Bob's and say hi to Jan Rains, the owner. Jan is a very long time friend and an amazingly warm and generous person. She has been in SC for about 11 years and really is connected to it. Say hi from Ralph & Marianne from Portland.
Enjoy that wonderful place! And ride up to the fish camps at La Manga for some really good food!
Hola Ralph y Marianne,

I willl definitely stop and say hello to Ms. Jan Rains for you! San Carlos Marina will be our first stop on Friday, so we can book our fishing charter for Saturday; going after barracuda and bonita. My friends Brian "El Jefe" and Melanie "La Reina" Boles are looking to buy a vacation home in San Carlos, so I will be riding around with a Realtor and them on Sunday.

Suerte, Papa Chuy M.

Have a great and safe trip you rascals.......... :dribble:
Mark & Others: If you have a valid Passport, you can still join us! We're meeting at the Motel 6 in Nogales, Arizona at 0830 on Friday morning, April 9. Crossing the Mariposa Truck Gate at 0900 and off to beautiful Sonora for four days. Mas Fiesta!!!!

Hola Ralph y Marianne,

I willl definitely stop and say hello to Ms. Jan Rains for you! San Carlos Marina will be our first stop on Friday, so we can book our fishing charter for Saturday; going after barracuda and bonita. My friends Brian "El Jefe" and Melanie "La Reina" Boles are looking to buy a vacation home in San Carlos, so I will be riding around with a Realtor and them on Sunday.

Suerte, Papa Chuy M.

I'm very jealous and would love to accompany you on this little sojourn. I'm sure your friends have hooked up with a great Realtor but if not, I have several that I have been talking to and am pleased with them. Good luck to them on their home hunt, prices should have come down in the past year to more reasonable levels. Some very nice areas there.

We're meeting at the Motel 6 in Nogales, Arizona at 0830 on Friday morning, April 9. Crossing the Mariposa Truck Gate at 0900 and off to beautiful Sonora for four days. Mas Fiesta!!!!
My god, I'd LOVE to be joining y'all on this one, Papa Chuy!

Have a fantastic time, and we'll be expecting a photo of you with a gorgeous señorita on your lap. ;)

(And Skooter -in a dress- won't do.)

We're meeting at the Motel 6 in Nogales, Arizona at 0830 on Friday morning, April 9. Crossing the Mariposa Truck Gate at 0900 and off to beautiful Sonora for four days. Mas Fiesta!!!!
My god, I'd LOVE to be joining y'all on this one, Papa Chuy!

Have a fantastic time, and we'll be expecting a photo of you with a gorgeous señorita on your lap. ;)

(And Skooter -in a dress- won't do.)
And make sure she doesn't have a mustachio this time...

:jester:

Good riding papa chuy. As usual I am happy for you but jealous!
Twas a great trip, mi Amigo Shiny; wish you could have been there! Great weather, fantastic food, scenic country, good snorkeling; did not catch any fish, though. Mas Caminos y Mas Amigos!

Compadre Bluesy, In addition to not catching any Dorado Pescado; I also was unable to find Salma Hayek's Grandmother. I'm going to look for her in Cabo San Lucas in Baja CA Sur next April!

Hola Ralph y Marianne,

Suerte, Papa Chuy M.
Saludos Ralph y Marianne,

Our AZ M/C group stopped at Barracuda Bob's & met Jan Rains, wonderful lady. Enjoyed our conversation with her very much!

Recuerdos, Papa Chuy Medina

How was the fishing Don? Glad you all had a great trip. :)Do you have some photos to share? Bruce
Hola Bruce, We went out on a four hour combination excursion with Gary's Boats; wildlife excursion, fishing and snorkeling. We trolled out two long lines with jigs for Dorado, but did not catch one. But, they were catching Dorado on the Gary's 10 hour fishing only excursion, but they were having to go out 20 miles to hook up Dorado.

I'm delivering my camera photo disk to Brian today, and he'll post up our photos. I'll write up a Forum Ride Report!