Rider down at SW-FOG (relatively minor injuries)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea this had happened, and I was in that U-Turn training session in Aspen. Sorry to hear about that ankle Joe.

I haven't had much luck with paypal, so I'll just send a check Scott. Tomorrow, after I recuperate from my ride home.

Mike
Aw, we all needed the practice anyway. I was just trying to be the good example. Besides, if someone hadn't of needed gas, there woulda been one less u turn.

We didn't know he was hurt either until we saw him limping at the hotel. Then one thing led to another and the truck scheme was born.

According to paypal, I have made a donation, hope joe gets better soon. I personally had no problem with Zilla's leadership of the ride...it's fun practicing U-turns(he led a lot of them).
Great Work by Everyone at FJR Forum in stepping up to help out Joe and Cec, Bravo!

In light of the U-turn circumstances, I feel HotRodZilla's new handle is: Bungie Junior!

Dios Mio those videos were hilarious; looked like a dozen monkeys fornicating a football!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea this had happened, and I was in that U-Turn training session in Aspen. Sorry to hear about that ankle Joe.

I haven't had much luck with paypal, so I'll just send a check Scott. Tomorrow, after I recuperate from my ride home.

Mike
No worries Mike, I'll send you my address.

All this outpouring of help is fantastic, thanks everyone!! :clapping:

Thanks everyone.

Cec drove like a trooper. Got to Heber AZ at 9:30 PM

Last 40 miles were hell. It was raining and the wipers did not work well, but Cec

got us here ok. Will leave for Tucson in about 10 min.

Thanks again all. THIS FORUM ROCKS.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Thanks everyone.

Last 40 miles were hell. It was raining and the wipers did not work well, but Cec

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Thanks for checking in Joe, glad everything is still going smoothly for you two

Alright, here it is. This first video is some prep work: unpacking the ratcheting straps from the impossible-to-open packages (in which "I win" at the end of the video), and also propping up the ramp (what could possibly go wrong?!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-HoL2Cmrtc&sns=em

And the deed itself. BwanaDik riding up the ramp, apparently with his eyes closed. I'm serving as the bumper in the truck: when you hit me, it's time to stop ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsgpn0NRJ3c&sns=em

Looks like my little episode in Murphy, NC after a camping meet when the aftermarket stator on my bike failed...but I didn't have the benefit of others helping me, or laughing at me if I went off the ramp big time. :lol:

Thanks everyone.

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Did the Hondapotomus make it safely? Did all our tie-down engineering and science work out?

Glad you're OK, being injured away from home really sucks.

Sent some money to help out. I also needed some help while out on the road after NAFO and a number of folks from the forum went above & beyond to help. This is my first opportunity to pay back for the assistance I received when I had my difficulties and it feels good to be able to help out a fellow forum member. Fortunately for me it was only a slightly sick bike that I had to deal with.

The sense of community on this forum is truly fantastic.

Made it home today around noon.

Tie downs all worked out fine. Went to the Yamaha dealer to help get

it out of the truck. Went to the Dr. late today and had a boot cast put on.

Will see how I am doing in 4 weeks.

Thanks again all,

Joe

Made it home today around noon.

Tie downs all worked out fine. Went to the Yamaha dealer to help get

it out of the truck. Went to the Dr. late today and had a boot cast put on.

Will see how I am doing in 4 weeks.

Thanks again all,

Joe
:clapping: :clapping:

Hooray, our rigging held up!!

Glad you two made it safely home!

...but you guys said you had plenty of help to get it unloaded. I bet we could've gotten you plenty of help from this forum :rolleyes: But the important thing is that everyone, including the wing is back home now :)

The only reason I got nominated to be the leader was because Don bailed out early and left us all hanging.
Nooooooo! Mi bastard step-pappy? Bail on a ride early? Never! Say it ain't so!

If I had a dollar for every time he bailed on a ride early...............

The only reason I got nominated to be the leader was because Don bailed out early and left us all hanging.

Yeah, Step-pappy had scheduling issues with Seth's first day of school. Normally I would call bullshit, but kids come first. I guess....

As far as the Wing is concerned, I'm glad it made it ok. There were like 6 chiefs and no Indians during the tie down session, but the over presence of engineers, over-thinkers and anal assholes had that thing ready for anything.

Yeah, Step-pappy had scheduling issues with Seth's first day of school. Normally I would call bullshit, but kids come first. I guess....
Pfffft! He's always got an excuse. He makes them up.

Pfffft! He's always got an excuse. He makes them up.
Tell me about it! He even trailered his FJR for this elaborate excuse!!! And without even the decency to put a HD cover over it

Mike
No worries Mike, I'll send you my address.

All this outpouring of help is fantastic, thanks everyone!! :clapping:
Thanks Scott, check is in the mail.

Glad to hear it isn't too bad Joe. :)

So Joe, just how many times did Cec have to "bastard slap" you on that long drive back to Tucson? Inquiring minds want to know. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

100_0052.jpg

100_0053.jpg