Rider Down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get well! Allow yourself to heal...especially that concussion..maybe SkooterG can send you a Vicodin Hallmark card!

Ron. just praying you have a full and speedy recovery. Rest and recoup as you plan for your new 06 or maybe an 07.

Don

Get well soon Ron, hope your recovery goes well.

That bike looks like it got squished pretty badly... :eek:

Get well soon Ron, and post up as soon as you feel able...

You boys and girls at the Arkansas ride take care, be safe and have fun...

So sorry about your get-off Ron. A broken clavicle after that is pretty minor. Prayers heading your way.

Ron, warm wishes for a speedy recovery.I hope you aren't in too much pain.

Those AR roads got me 2 years ago and is why I don't have another bike yet.

From the looks of the bike I would say you are very lucky. Bikes can be replaced. Take your time getting healed -- don't over do it too soon. You'll be back up and running very soon.

Prayers from California----

I like your style. Both of you.
I'm reading the "Proficient Motorcycling" book right now . . and I hope I can buy in to that mantra of deriving pleasure not in pure speed, but in total mastery of the bike and my riding situation. I will not fret chicken strips or getting left behind in a group ride.

Not making any assumptions about Ron's speed here . . I just second MadMike here.
Wellllll, let's not jump to conclusions. While I do read both of David Hough's books repeatedly, there is a reason for the handle of madmike. While he is normally under control, every once in awhile he.... :unsure: er, uhm,escapes :rolleyes: and, well, you know.... :dribble: Our last trip through the NorCal redwoods and Hwy 1: 788 miles, avg driving speed=50.6mph. I was lured into that by Mr. Smooth and Orangevale FJR. :lol:

Back to the topic at hand: Get well Ron. Many of us have BTDT. It isn't pretty, it isn't popular, it just IS. Heal mentally and physically, do the wife-unit's required penance, get the replacement bike and let's go ride.

Whoa! Check it out... a FJR with hi-mount, underseat exhausts... COOL! :D

Pretty sure what the insurance suits are going to say about this bike.... something like: "adiós muchachos... to the boneyard it goes..."

Looks like a '06 might be in Ron's future....
How about an '07?

Don't those mufflers look like something off the Starship Enterprise? :rolleyes: "Warp 10, Mr. Scott!" :alien:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Bummer. Have been out for 3 days in Ashville NC on business, and return to the Forum, and this is the first post I read :( Best wishes for a full and speedy and complete recovery Ron. Don't think there is enough duct tape in the world to fix your bike though.... Keep us posted on your progress. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Jay

Our last trip through the NorCal redwoods and Hwy 1: 788 miles, avg driving speed=50.6mph. I was lured into that by Mr. Smooth and Orangevale FJR. :lol:
Just curious Mike, but just how did me FOLLOWING you at such a respectable distance "lure" you into 2 second long peg feeler grinds that had orange sparks flying so much that I was worried about you starting a forrest fire? Oh, I see...you knew Orangevale was behind you so you wanted me to feel at home with all those orange sparks flying :lol: It was my fault!

hey everyone,

we got an update from Ron's wife tonight while we were at dinner. he is still in the hospital and will be kept there for 3 more days. his injuries are more severe than we had first heard. he has several broken ribs and fluid in his lung(s). he also has a chest tube in. we are not sure at this point of the amount of memory he has recovered from the concussion. he is in St. John's Hospital in Springfield, MO. Galaxyblue and FJR1300 are going to visit him tomorrow on their way home. Ron and his family would like to thank you all for these well wishes!

Oh, I see...you knew Orangevale was behind you so you wanted me to feel at home with all those orange sparks flying :lol: It was my fault!
Exactly! See, Andrew made me do it..... :D Plus, I didn't want to disappoint you having followed you on Hwy 193. ;)

.....he has several broken ribs and fluid in his lung(s). he also has a chest tube in. we are not sure at this point of the amount of memory he has recovered from the concussion. he is in St. John's Hospital in Springfield, MO.
This is reminiscent of my "fall down" 5 years ago. Dislocated shoulder and 5 broken ribs with 2 of the ribs puncturing my right lung. The chest tube will evacuate the fluid so that his lungs will inflate completely. It took mine about 2 days and I was released on the 3rd day. Then will come the physical "terror-py" for the shoulder muscles, etc.

Get well quickly, Ron. You are in my prayers. -/--

he is still in the hospital and will be kept there for 3 more days. his injuries are more severe than we had first heard.
Damn, Chik. I was hoping the news would get better, not worse. Sounds awful painful. Heal quick and heal well, Ron.