Rider Magazine 2009 FJR Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg23232

Reaction score
Rider magazine has Part I of their ride on the '09 FJRA and AE up here:

www.ridermagazine.com

Video should start upon page load.

Check ridermagazine.com next week for Part II....

Last edited by a moderator:
That was amazing, ride a pair of new bikes and have pretty much nothing to say about them but it was fun and they weigh 668lb wet?

Really, I could muster more words and thoughts about the 3 dimensional projector that I saw at a local grocery store that made bananas seem to float in air, just outside your reach.

That may have been the biggest bunch of nothing I've ever listened to. Somebody needs to go help those guys do part II of that video.

GP

Hate to piss and moan....ok, maybe hate is too strong...

I rode my 2006 FJR with standard ABS (wasn't it standard in 2005?) down the Dragon in May. That Rider video called them "sweepers". Now, I know many here have ridden that road. Sweepers?

Thanks again Radman for making my ride through the Dragon and the Blue Ridge better after that fork flush and fill!

paul from Minnesota

Hate to piss and moan....ok, maybe hate is too strong...
I rode my 2006 FJR with standard ABS (wasn't it standard in 2005?)
In 2005 it was an "option" ..they made non-abs models. 06 was when it became standard...and they also linked the brakes.

Many feel the un-linked ABS brakes of the 05 and earlier models was the best two wheel ABS system made.

I think some folks call any section of a road that is not laser straight a "sweeper" . I would call the road sections of the Dragon "a series of corkscrews" myself, but what do I know...........

And I will hold off judgement of the piece until I see part II. Perhaps they will sum everything up then.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear and understand all the bitchin and moaning..

but them boyz are getting PAID to ride FJR's...

nuff said? :fuck:

hugs n' kisses :lol:

Holy cow - might I suggest folks lighten up a bit?

The video is, overall, positive on the bike. Nice to see, in this economy, a manufacturer sticking with the program of taking journalists out and letting them flog an expensive bike, and report on it. Kudos for them on picking that venue - it says a lot about the handling of the bike, IMO.

Sure, I would have preferred more "video" and less pictures floating by, BUT, it wasn't bad. If a few of the facts were misplaced, maybe recall those guys ride every bike on the market each year, so might misplace details from time to time. I've written articles for offroad magazines for a few years, and if those reading my articles were anything like the crew here, I'd have had to have a good blub with feedback like this...

I'm looking forward to seeing the second half. For those new to the bike and new to the roads they were testing on in this video, I think it's great.

Holy cow - might I suggest folks lighten up a bit?
The video is, overall, positive on the bike. Nice to see, in this economy, a manufacturer sticking with the program of taking journalists out and letting them flog an expensive bike, and report on it. Kudos for them on picking that venue - it says a lot about the handling of the bike, IMO.

Sure, I would have preferred more "video" and less pictures floating by, BUT, it wasn't bad. If a few of the facts were misplaced, maybe recall those guys ride every bike on the market each year, so might misplace details from time to time. I've written articles for offroad magazines for a few years, and if those reading my articles were anything like the crew here, I'd have had to have a good blub with feedback like this...

I'm looking forward to seeing the second half. For those new to the bike and new to the roads they were testing on in this video, I think it's great.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, I can't agree that it's okay to have "a few of the facts...misplaced." This might be moto-journalism, but it's still journalism, and getting the facts right is job 1.

I'm glad they were positive about our Scoot's yes they got some facts wrong, but sadly moto journalisim just isn't what it once was.

I've been through the Dragon numerous times, but I must admit that I'm not a fan, its a fun road, but WAY too crowded and too many people who either come into your lane, or are trying to set speed records on it for my tastes, if I could guarntee I was the only one on it when I go through I'd be in heaven though :) . however I really would NOT consider the Dragon to be "sweepers" by any stretch of the imagination, I much prefer the Cherahola,,, Just my opinion tho...

Still, nice to see a positive review of our Feejer's :)

Hoping Part 1 was just a teaser and Part deux gets into the meat of the evaluation. Not bad (other than the aforementioned inaccuracies), hopefully next will be as positive and maybe even a learn a thing or two.