Robotic Concubines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
You know me, always good for an off-topic diversion. To wit:

Just as sex drives other areas of the tech explosion, especially in Internet-related technologies, it will have profound impact on the rate of adoption, and form of adoption of the coming robotic revolution. Particularly, I view the emergence of robotic concubines, with user-customizable, uh, features, in user-customizable, uh, sizes, to be inevitable. The impact on marriage is obvious. The beginning of the blurring of the barrier we see in the man-machine interface is less so. To be sure, the blacker emotions associated with the introduction of machines into relationships that had previously been strictly limited to participants from the human domain will curry some disfavor toward anthropomorphic machinery. I wonder how the emergence of such androids (and they are coming) will affect the rate of adoption of human augmentation in the form of implants (and they are coming), and, ultimately, synthetically sustained consciousness, as predicted by Ray Kurzweil in "The Singularity Is Near".

We live in interesting times.

I wonder how the emergence of such androids (and they are coming) will affect the rate of adoption of human augmentation in the form of implants (and they are coming)
I must have misunderstood, because I would say not at all. I plan on programming my robot to like me despite my shortcomings. :) Now if the implants are going to enhance the experience for the implantee, that's a different story altogether.

Is she going to be enviromentally correct and be powered by a solar panel, or will she be green with envy???????????????? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :fans: :drinks: :construction: :close_tema:

Keep in mind that the technology being used in the development of the future electronic concubine is currently being researched by the "high tech" branch of BMW

- so we can expect the first few models to have severe rear end problems....which can be identified by the puddles. :blink:

Haven't even read the thread; but I'm in just based on the title. Sign me up!

...unless she's got crotch rust, or herpes or something.

... hell, even then.