Rocky Point MEX-Donna's B-Day-FastJoyRide Canucks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.mexpro.com 1-888-467-4639 Just purchased Mexican Insurance for my 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 and my 2012 BMW K1600GT for Saturday 2/22 through Monday 2/24.

Placed my order with Angel: $61.70 for FJR with value of $13K and $68.55 for Beemer with value of $17K, both insurance policies are underwritten with Ace Seguros.
Am I mis-reading this or does it now cost over $20 a day for Mexican insurance?
If you get the Top-Of-The-Line coverage, yes it does. For my BMW GS I buy a lesser policy with much lower declared values and it is only $10 a day, ese!
Thanks, I think I paid slightly less than $10 a day in 2007 and that was for Top-of-the-Line coverage and $13k value. Also got hit with Visa and Vehicle registration fees because we entered on the mainland. Guess things are much more expensive now.

https://www.mexpro.com 1-888-467-4639 Just purchased Mexican Insurance for my 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 and my 2012 BMW K1600GT for Saturday 2/22 through Monday 2/24.

Placed my order with Angel: $61.70 for FJR with value of $13K and $68.55 for Beemer with value of $17K, both insurance policies are underwritten with Ace Seguros.
Am I mis-reading this or does it now cost over $20 a day for Mexican insurance?
If you get the Top-Of-The-Line coverage, yes it does. For my BMW GS I buy a lesser policy with much lower declared values and it is only $10+ a day, ese!
Thanks, I think I paid slightly less than $10 a day in 2007 and that was for Top-of-the-Line coverage and $13k value. Also got hit with Visa and Vehicle registration fees because we entered on the mainland. Guess things are much more expensive now.
https://www.mexpro.com MCRIDER007, you can use Quick Quote feature at the MexPro website with absolutely no obligation to check out their current rates.

And Si Paco, both the Visa and the Mexico Vehicle Import permits fees have gone up since 2007; in fact, they have almost doubled in just seven years time!

Last edited by a moderator:
1621779_708154892556691_2111737886_n.jpg

Another wonderful trip to Rocky Point, Sonora Estado, Mexico was enjoyed by AZ Beemers/FJR Forum, great eats/drinks and fun activities for 6 couples on 6 motocicletas to Celebrate my Miss Donna's Birthday. A full Ride Report will follow, once everyone sends in their pics. Photos below are from Karen and here's the roster of Attendees. We're riding to Mazatlan next year at this time!
Brian and Melanie: BMW K1600GTL
Don and Donna: K1600GT
Mike and Karen: K1600GTL
Phil and Paula: K1300GT
John and Loretta: BMW R1200GT
Dave and Sylvia: Yamaha FJR 1300
photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Good lineup of u propeller heads :)

Glad you got to ride and in such nice weather and happy birthday to Ms Donna! ...awaiting RR...

Good lineup of u propeller heads
smile.png

Glad you got to ride and in such nice weather and happy birthday to Ms Donna! ...awaiting RR...
Mi Compadre KJ, set your sights on riding to Mazatlan, Mexico a year from now to celebrate Donna's next Birthday. I'll post up all of the details at Thanksgiving, pick up Geezer as you leave that frozen icebox you live in, put both bikes in a truck or trailer: I can come up with storage space to place your vehicles while we're down in Mexico!

mazatlan.jpg