Rocky Point MEX-Donna's B-Day-FastJoyRide Canucks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great favorite places to eat in Rocky Point:

Breakfast:

1. Lolita's; large dining area, clean, fast and friendly service, good prices, weekend breakfast Buffett, fresh squeezed to order orange juice.
2. Kaffee Haus; German owner, European style breakfast and pastries with some authentic Mexican dishes on the menu also. Belgium Waffle is great. They have good espresso too.
3. Max's. American style breakfast joint.

Lunch:
1. Combo Taco. Here they offer seafood tacos. Shrimp tacos are $2usd each and they overflow the corn tortillas with jumbo shrimp. They also have marlin and other types of fish tacos. They have a salsa bar with all the fixings and a killer slaw.
2. Pollo Lucas or El Angel. Charbroiled chicken with all the fixins. Both are coated on the main drag, under the giant palapas.
3. Debbie's in the old port (malecon) when you're in the mood for grilled shrimp.

Dinner:
1. El Poblano, near the baseball stadium. They have the best carne Asada and Pastor tacos. Cooked to order, fresh corn and flour tortillas, don't forget to ask for grilled green onions on the side.
2. Marys at the Malecon. They have a seafood soup that's delicious.
3. Bring all the fixins for a shrimp boil, when u get into town hit up one of the vendors for their fresh shrimp, or grill em up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slamming down mas y mas Margaritas with Maria Elena - MEM at Hussong's Cantina in downtown Ensenada, Baja California Norte, Mexico:
I think The Best Margarita was at Gigi's (is that her name ? your MX gf
biggrin.png
) in Bahia de Los Angeles.
Her tequila was deelishus
https://villavitta.com I concur, Gigi is the owner of Hotel Villa Vitta en Bahia de los Angeles! Gigi has her own personal Tequila blended and bottled, her Margaritas are mas Fina! I certainly would take one for the team and "do" Gigi, but remember Maria Elena that is was mi Sobrino (Nephew) Enrique that was required to "service" Gigi that night! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Don, you missed your calling, u look even more handsomer (not sure if that is a word or not?) with a beautiful red-head by your side. But, those margaritas look kinda small ;)

? Is that the "Fitter' in the b/g chatting with a blonde? wholly wrollers... Billy's got game!
Hahaha. When I glanced at the photo last night, I thought of 'fitter ;) . Nope. He wasn't on that ride.
Ensenada was under about 4 inches of rain that night which is why we looked like the drowned rats we were.

My riding gear was still damp the next morning :blink:

Don, you missed your calling, u look even more handsomer (not sure if that is a word or not?) with a beautiful red-head by your side. But, those margaritas look kinda small
wink.png

? Is that the "Fitter' in the b/g chatting with a blonde? wholly wrollers... Billy's got game!
Hahaha. When I glanced at the photo last night, I thought of 'fitter
wink.png
. Nope. He wasn't on that ride.
Ensenada was under about 4 inches of rain that night which is why we looked like the drowned rats we were.

My riding gear was still damp the next morning
blink.png
Don't believe it KJ, MEM is just covering for old Billy Fitz! You should have seen him at the strip club on Avenida Juarez at Midnight, starring in "Canucks Gone Wild" eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

SenoritaYamafittercopy_zps9b852ccd.jpg

Don, you missed your calling, u look even more handsomer (not sure if that is a word or not?) with a beautiful red-head by your side. But, those margaritas look kinda small
wink.png

wink.png

blink.png
I think Gigi was pouring a pretty stiff Margarita, cause she had an eye for Enrique.

wink.png

wink.png

blink.png
I think Gigi was pouring a pretty stiff Margarita, cause she had an eye for Enrique.
Luckily Fred we had MaryEllen along to protect Enrique and his Papa Chuy from Gigi's amorous advances, ese!

IMG_2819.jpg

Please note - If you're calling to make a reservation at the Sonoran Sky, Jonny's hours are Saturday through Wednesday, 0930 to 1800 hours.

Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo are booked at the Sonoran Sky Resort for the nights of February 22 and 23, Saturday and Sunday; many thanks again to AZBroker - Spencer F. for providing an outstanding discount for we AZ Beemers Members.

Jonny's phone number is 602-888-9105. The total cost for a 1 bedroom Condo was $333.88, half down now of $166.94 with the balance to be paid at check in; a six-digit confirmation number will be provided to you.

Looks like a fun trip Don. Another tempting proposition to escape the winter doldrums!!

--G
Gorgeous George, You and Your Honey are welcome to ride the BMW F650GS Twin; Donna and I rode two up on it all around Cabo San Lucas, La Paz and Todos Santos! Has Vario saddlebags and top box, with Touratech tank bag; comfortable enough for 250 mile days, the distance to Puerto Penasco, Sonora Estado, Mexico. jes' sayin' and nuff said!

HEY...I've been to that hotel, just not last year!
smile.png

Thanks for the most generous offer Don, you definitely know how to temp a person! Unfortunately, I'm in Austin on business that week.

--G

Looks like a fun trip Don. Another tempting proposition to escape the winter doldrums!!

--G
Gorgeous George, You and Your Honey are welcome to ride the BMW F650GS Twin; Donna and I rode two up on it all around Cabo San Lucas, La Paz and Todos Santos! Has Vario saddlebags and top box, with Touratech tank bag; comfortable enough for 250 mile days, the distance to Puerto Penasco, Sonora Estado, Mexico. jes' sayin' and nuff said!

HEY...I've been to that hotel, just not last year!
smile.png

Thanks for the most generous offer Don, you definitely know how to temp a person! Unfortunately, I'm in Austin on business that week.

--G
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/155604-zonies-anyone-interested-in-riding-to-austin-usgp-races/ Mi Compadre Jorge speaking of Austin, did You and your Grandfather Niehart know that a pack of we Zonies and Nuevo Mexicanos are riding to the Motorcycle Grand Prix in April ese?

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/155604-zonies-anyone-interested-in-riding-to-austin-usgp-races/ Mi Compadre Jorge speaking of Austin, did You and your Grandfather Niehart know that a pack of we Zonies and Nuevo Mexicanos are riding to the Motorcycle Grand Prix in April ese?
You betcha, I've been following that thread too. If only it were a bit closer with a couple less mountain ranges to transit!!

--G
Jorge if You and your Granddad Niehart wanted to attend the Austin GP, tus Papa Chuy Viejo could make it happen ese! You and Papacito could fly into Phoenix and alternate riding my FJR and Beemer GS to Austin and back, I would need to swap out the knobbies currently on the GS for street tires for Interstate work!

I fully intend to ride my BMW six banger para Tejas, a group of five K16's from AZ Beemers and the Southwest K1600 Forum are already signed up for this TX GP run!

Just double checking that everybody is a GO for our Rocky Point Ride on 2/22. Donna and I are already booked in Room 605 at Sonoran.

Papa Chuy will be purchasing insurance on both the BMW K1600GT and Yamaha FJR next week from www.mexpro.com up in Flagstaff, AZ.

Have a Notarized Letter of Authorization for "FastJoyRide" to operate my FJR in Mexico, Justin Bieber Fan Club Card is Dave's Official ID!

Don Stanley

Cell: 480-440-4666

Certifiable Old Fart

Mis Muchachos, please update the phone number to call for Jonny at the Sonoran Sky Resort. The Rental Agency let me know they were having an issue with the number they gave us, the calls are going directly to voice mail for some reason.

Please update the Reservations number to 602-888-9105. Muchas Gracias!

https://www.mexpro.com 1-888-467-4639 Just purchased Mexican Insurance for my 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 and my 2012 BMW K1600GT for Saturday 2/22 through Monday 2/24.

Placed my order with Angel: $61.70 for FJR with value of $13K and $68.55 for Beemer with value of $17K, both insurance policies are underwritten with Ace Seguros.

There are two "Angels" working at MexPro, Angelica Ford and Angelica Garcia. They have worked with AZ Beemers for many years, mention you know Don Stanley ese!

Dave & Sylvia "FastJoyRide" from Canuckistan are piloting my FJR, Miss Donna/Papa Chuy are on the K16GT, still openings at Sonoran Sky Resort if you have a passport!

https://www.sonoran-sky-resort.com

https://www.mexpro.com 1-888-467-4639 Just purchased Mexican Insurance for my 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 and my 2012 BMW K1600GT for Saturday 2/22 through Monday 2/24.
Placed my order with Angel: $61.70 for FJR with value of $13K and $68.55 for Beemer with value of $17K, both insurance policies are underwritten with Ace Seguros.

There are two "Angels" working at MexPro, Angelica Ford and Angelica Garcia. They have worked with AZ Beemers for many years, mention you know Don Stanley ese!

Dave & Sylvia "FastJoyRide" from Canuckistan are piloting my FJR, Miss Donna/Papa Chuy are on the K16GT, still openings at Sonoran Sky Resort if you have a passport!

Am I mis-reading this or does it now cost over $20 a day for Mexican insurance?

Am I mis-reading this or does it now cost over $20 a day for Mexican insurance?
If you get the Top-Of-The-Line coverage, yes it does. For my BMW GS I buy a lesser policy with much lower declared values and it is only $10+ a day, ese!