Russel Seat Coming Soon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
The nice folks over at Russell have been able to squeeze me in at a moments notice for a ride in, gotta love that since their booked solid for 3 months right now. :blink: But before I make the run north, I'd like to get some feedback from those with prior experience with this seat on the FJR.

I'm interested in the seat fabric, (cool as possible in hot climate) and want it to be durable for all weather, especially to hold up from the suns UV rays. Is there anything you would have done different that you wished was covered/missed during the ride-in, as I'm hoping to avoid another day in the Day-Long to get it tweaked.

Well, you saw my seat right after I got it made. I went with the vinyl on their recommendation for ease of maintenance. I didn't want to mess with a cover or constantly maintaining the leather. I really don't regret much of the experience at all.

Take you better half with you so she can get fitted at the same time.

The nice folks over at Russell have been able to squeeze me in at a moments notice for a ride in, gotta love that since their booked solid for 3 months right now. :blink: But before I make the run north, I'd like to get some feedback from those with prior experience with this seat on the FJR.
I'm interested in the seat fabric, (cool as possible in hot climate) and want it to be durable for all weather, especially to hold up from the suns UV rays. Is there anything you would have done different that you wished was covered/missed during the ride-in, as I'm hoping to avoid another day in the Day-Long to get it tweaked.
I went with the vinyl. With my riding gear on my butt can't tell the difference between vinyl or leather.

Take your better half with you otherwise its a guessing game.

The seat took about 1500 miles to break-in

My Russell seat was installed a month ago during a ride. Over 3,000 miles traveled since installation and the seat is fantastic! Ensure that they eliminate your sliding onto the tank by raising the front seat height enough. Leather has proven to be the best option for riding in the heat of Phoenix over the past 27 years on my bikes. I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner 3-4 times a year and never have problems with the suns UV rays.