Rx riding sunglasses...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mean to dissapoint, but you guys are going about this all wrong. What you need is a RX +4 windshield. Perfect vision from all angles and from there you just add regular sunglasses. Very easy. Mine works great!

The only drawback to the whole thing is you keep hearing the people in the other lane coming at you holering "WOW, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT GUYS HEAD!"

:D

Rog, thats a big problem with alot of rx sunglasses. I always wore contacts and used a tinted/mirroed visor.I kept a clear visor in my tank bag for when it got dark.

Most of the sunglasses are too large to fit under a helmet though some slim design wrap arounds will. A big problem is they initially feel OK but the pressure in the temple area begins to hurt after a while.

I can get most types of Sunglasses, if anyone would like a quote PM me.I'll try to help out with the lowest price. I might beat it or I might not be able to, but I'll try.

Glenn

I should clarify something there is a big difference in cost between plain sunglasses, single vision Rx, lined bifocal Rx and Progreessive Rx. Obviously the cost goes up as you go up that scale. I must tell you to, that getting an rx progressive lens is a bit tricky. I you want me to make them I'm responsible for the accuracy of the rx I recieve. If you have trouble seeing through them you would have to return to your DR. to verify he got thr Rx correct to begin with. I'm sure you have all had trouble at one time or another getting used to a new pair of glasses and I don't want to have a problem I'm not close enough to figure out exactly whats causing it.

Last edited by a moderator: