Samsung Galaxy – Garmin 600 – SMH10-R pairing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjitsu

Reaction score
When I had my Android this was pretty easy. Just paired the Android to the Garmin one time. Paired the Garmin to the Sena one time. Then all I had to do was throw the phone in my pocket, turn on the Garmin, wait for them to pair, turn on the Sena and wait for it to pair to the Garmin and be on my merry way; with phone and voice dial capability readily available. Not so with this Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Seems that I have to re-do the whole pairing thing every time and I have to have the phone in my hand to go through a bunch of options if I want to voice dial; a bit of an inconvenience while on the bike with gloves on.

Any of you who are more tech savvy than I (which includes pretty much the bulk of the human race) got an easy one-time fix for this?

Thanx.

AK

Which Garmin GPS are you using? Do you have the latest Garmin firmware installed? Do you have the latest Sena firmware installed? Have you cleared all the pairings from the phone, GPS and Bluetooth headset before pairing them together?

Most issues I have had are due to problems with firmware incompatibility or problems with corrupted pairings.

Pairing the Garmin 66X series with phones and the SMH-10 is kinda tricky. On my set up, I have the Garmin 665 and iphone. I have to pair the iphone to the 665, then pair the 665 to the SMH10 using PHONE pairing...if i try to use multipoint pairing, the sound quality sucks. Also, every time I power up the 665, I have to re-pair to the smh10 using phone pairing, otherwise, it pairs up again as multi point, and my sound quality is terrible. Hope this helps.

You can't pair two stereo A2DP connections to the sena at the same time. Nope, nada.

You have to choose to pair one of them as multipoint(I guess the Garmin)

You can't pair two stereo A2DP connections to the sena at the same time. Nope, nada.
You have to choose to pair one of them as multipoint(I guess the Garmin)
Not a problem. Pair the phone to the Garmin PHONE setting and the Sena to the Garmin AUDIO setting.

ah but then you cant use the sena to talk to Siri. I love talking to Siri.

The set up for Garmin 66X and iphone greatly depends on whether you want to use the GPS for music or not. I am using Case #2 setup. See below for application.

sena_zps3ee32eb2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: